Places you most dread visiting in your local area

My partner wanted to have morning sex, but I woke up and chose violins.

2 Likes

Coatbridge and/or Airdrie… Oh you mean specific locations in MY local area.

I dunno, the town centre is pretty bleak.

Mine contains literally the rudest woman I’ve ever met serving there. Grunts, eye-rolls and outward loud huffs when asked to do literally anything (like weighing a package for postage). First time it pissed me off somewhat, then I decided to make a point of being as cheerful as possible to her. Makes no difference whatsoever to her demeanor, but let’s me feel like I’m engaged in some sort of surrealist comedy sketch. Strange lady.

2 Likes

Salcombe. Full of cunts.

1 Like

Don’t mind our proper Post Office, but hate the counters you get in shops now, that the shop owners clearly hate having to operate. Was sending loads of stuff during lockdown and the queues would always be massive. The guy would then sling the packages into a bag behind him and I’d then stress about them getting lost.

Asda, utter shithole.

Brodick. Fucking hate the place

I used to despise the post office near us because the queue was always massive but now I’m on maternity leave I can time my visits when it’s quiet and the bloke behind the counter always talks to my baby which is nice.

Not sure there’s anywhere I despise now. Even the people in the pharmacy are well nice.

Northern General hospital. Obviously hospitals aren’t generally renowned as a great place to spend time but the NG is an ordeal. The place is massive and almost impossible to find your way round, the parking is baffling and expensive and it’s just completely disorienting before you even get to whatever you’re there for. Horrible.

OI

1 Like

don’t like how the post office have to ask what’s in the parcel now. big bag of none of your fucking business, that’s what

4 Likes

After my last couple of years flogging this on discogs I have finally got to the “is it another record?” Stage when I arrive at the counter…

1 Like

No issues with local shops or services. The only thing I now dread is the train into Edinburgh. Always absolutely rammed with arseholes (well over half of whom aren’t wearing masks). Any return train after 10pm feels like something to survive, rather than only endure.

1 Like

I hate going in to the village because it feels vaguely League Of Gentlemen / Wicker Man ish but with the added horror of everyone being a massive Tory. It’s beautiful but look at it…you love hoarding wealth and giving bearded men in unreadable metal t shirts filthy looks if you live somewhere somewhere like this. Queueing in the pharmacist is the worst. Urgh.

1 Like

Is that Alfriston?

Sedbergh?

West Wellow?

Leaving the house is a slog atm

2 Likes

Grocery store for fear of being murdered.