Planning some sort of Ireland road trip

Skeleton of a plan is to drive over to Pembroke, get the ferry to wexford, drive around Ireland for 5-7 days finishing in Dublin and get the overnight ferry back to Liverpool.

In between looking to spend a night or two in 2/3 different places and maybe some nice stuff in the countryside to visit while driving. Mostly along this general route.

This is very vague. Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

Late Feb-early March time

2 Likes

Me and my good lady were recently discussing the idea of road trippin Ireland sometime soon ish

1 Like

L

Mulligan

Grocer

4 Likes

Share a car I reckon

4 Likes

Drive the coastal route between Limerick/Ennis and Galway and take in the Cliffs of Moher

3 Likes
1 Like

@Kallgeese where can the creamiest beamies be found?

After doing bits of West Ireland with my parents as a teenager. Everywhere takes forever to get to went from Galway to Clifden one day swear it took 6 hours.

1 Like

The only thing I’d be wary of is the expense

Hotels are absolutely absurdly priced at the moment and probably won’t go down

Book any car hire well in advance too

If you are a food twat then the best restaurant I have been to in Ireland is in Dungarvan, near Waterford -

https://tannery.ie/

2 Likes

4 Likes

Would happily kill a man for a CB

1 Like

is there a specific reason for wanting to go in late Feb-early March? It’s not when I would pick.

I think if I was doing a road/bike trip, I’d want to spend more time on the west coast.

Darling partner’s 30th

Late feb is very much not the time to hit the west coast though really

(Because the rest of the year you’re guaranteed tropical paradise)

2 Likes

Cork is the home of the creamiest of Beamies, Lopes will attest to that.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

3 Likes

Laughing at marckee attempting to cycle the Ring of Kerry in fucking gale force winds.

This Post Paid For By PROF$.

1 Like

Well yeah, that’s why I asked about the timing.

To Cork!

Yeah I don’t care too much about shit weather. Actually if anything sitting in a nice warm pub with a creamy stout is improved when it’s absolutely minging outside

2 Likes

I can confirm that Cork is home to the creamiest of Beamies. Mmmmmmmm could go a wee creamy Beamie right about now

1 Like