playground crazes

absolutely furious that this is being reported as a “new playground craze”, this and the “what did the farmer give his son?!” cock-punching games have been around for time immemorial surely?

what crazes swept your respective playgrounds?

2 Likes

White dog poo

1 Like

Pogs - was into it
Football stickers - was into it
Yoyos - wasn’t really into it
Tazos - give me a break they’re not pogs
Pokemon cards - was into it

Also, I’m pretty sure manhood is not the testicles

1 Like

There was a bit in Primary School where concerned parents made complaints and an assembly was called to address the fact that the Year 5 boys (there were literally four of us) had made a gang called “The Mafia”

6 Likes

Coca-cola spinners (yo-yos)
ProSet cards

1 Like

I hope none of you broke omerta.

Monster in my Pocket card game
Playing Bulldog and then renaming it to something very similar after it was banned

I think I just did! Eek!

Collecting Kinder Egg terrapins

11 Likes

Football stickers

Got, got, need

Lovely stuff

2 Likes

we had lots of running races named after football trophies, but replaced with ‘r’ for running, like the RA cup. as thick kids we also had the Rurthington’s cup

2 Likes

Garbage Pail Kids cards

5 Likes

Got 2 Peter Atherton’s I’ll swap you for a Danny Maddox

Nipple Cripple.

Twist someone’s nipple and shout “Nipple Cripple!”.

Just boys mainly.

I remember H.e.d.z cards being huge for like 1 month. Turns out they were based on a video game which was awful and then no one spoke of H.e.d.z again

pcbe

3 Likes

British Bulldog
Manhunt
Flicking football cards up to the wall. The opponents cards could be won by various means, depending on the rules you were following in a particular game:

• flick one card each, nearest the wall wins
  • prop a single card up against the wall, winner is the one to knock it down and they get to keep all of the cards flicked
  • Topsies - flick cards in turn, winner is the one to land a card on top of their opponent’s - they keep all of the cards flicked

sack-whack isn’t it

sooky eyeball: put your mouth over someone else’s eye socket and suck hard and they get a black eye
postie: grab someone’s legs spread them out and ram their dick into a fence post

12 Likes