PlayStation Classic

Like what?

1 Like

actually, I’m wrong here - was just thinking what games came out after they relaunched the original PS with dualshock2 analog controllers & a bunch of new titles (wipeout 2097, FIFA 98, Crash Bandicoot, Parappa etc)

My bad, carry on, PS2 was obviously the hideous black thing

Wasn’t Crash Bandicoot a launch title?

Anyway, the best game on this system was WipeOut 2097. What a game. Pretty sure dual shock came out in 98 alongside Gran Turismo, because it needed the sticks.

Resident Evil

1 Like

Pretty sure Wipeout 2097 was launched alongside the upgraded PS with the DualShock2 sticks though I think it took a while for the sticks to be bundled in Europe

We deffo played wipeout2097 and FIFA98 in our house in 97 with the DualShock2 sticks. Quite likely the controllers were bought separately though

Metal Gear Solid
THPS 2
THPS 3
GTA
Gran Turismo
Driver
FFVIII
FFVI

2 Likes

3 Likes

Woah, this was terrible

Really messed up my spelling for years afterwards.

2 Likes

steady on, let’s not say things we can’t take back

3 Likes

I love it for nostalgia reasons, but nah, it’s not that good.

1 Like

ape escape
twisted metal
soul reaver
soul blade
vagrant story
syphon filter
rollcage
dino crisis
spiderman
medal of honour underground
symphony of the night

2 Likes

Not nearly enough love for this going on here:

2 Likes

ah was this the weird one with the blocks that would fall over and crush your dude?

1 Like

one for @Epimer

Had the demo of that, was great.

Actually the demo may have been the whole game

1 Like

Yep. Quality. I’d play it right now I tells ya.

1 Like

in terms of all round quality and impact for it’s time, it’s hard to argue against Metal Gear Solid being the greatest PS1 game.

One of only a handful of PS1 games that still actually look good today in a stylised and iconic sort of way.

3 Likes

A fully remastered version which just updated the graphics and kept everything else the same would play as if it was a new release, it’s unbelievably well put together for it’s time.

100 for 20 ps one games.
No analog sticks on the controller
The generation of games that has aged the most that look awful on 1080p and 4k displays

2 Likes