Please describe a door for me

For reasons I am trying to gather a list of descriptions of doors, the more the better.

So, if anyone wants to be so kind as to leave a description of a door in this thread I would be very grateful. It can be mundane as you like or completely fantastical (though ideally not involving anything electronic as that doesn’t fit the context I need it for)

Thanks!

Doors :door:

2 Likes

Should always have 3 hinges.

Was going to say something about what a terrible guitarist Robbie Krieger is but I abstained.

3 Likes

a room flap

7 Likes

approx 2m x 0.8m x 40mm thick solid wood.

four recessed square details on internal / external faces. white paint. silver handle. black narrow brush seal around edges. three hinges.

2 Likes

An opaque barrier between one place to another which is on hinges and usually tall enough for a human to walk through

1 Like

Scary

3 Likes

Bare wood, four panel. Brass handles which stick, steel hinges. White ceramic push plate.

1 Like

a door between two spaces

He’s in Nickelback mate

2 Likes

Sorry for my inexactness, I was after descriptions of specific doors

Some good answers though, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Plain white gloss, slightly nicotine stained, more so at the top. The hinges are coated in layers of old paint. Aluminum door handles, paint splattered

Are you Paw Patrol but for something that separates rooms?

1 Like

Dunno if this is the sort of thing you’re looking for?

The door is an old oak, stained almost black with dirt, and studded with iron, rectangular, a shade under six foot high and some two inches thick. There’s a small window at about three quarters of the way up, four inches square and edged in steel with two narrow vertical bars spaced evenly within. The handle is an iron ring, black with dirt and use, the rope-like carving worn smooth except where it is set into the holding loop. The hinges are set on this side, the long black, flat metal plates coming fully halfway along the door, top and bottom, the other side bolted firmly into the grey stone walls that surround it. It smells of wood and faintly of mildew.

3 Likes

I am not happy to be associated with those class traitors, I merely wanted to clarify that I am not looking for explanations of what a door is in general. I need a lot of doors, I don’t have time for jokes!

2 Likes

Perfect :+1:

1 Like

Alright generic Kurt Russell role in generic 1980s John Carpenter action film.

Painted matte grey, probably using an inappropriate type of paint for an external door. Has 3 locks, one of which is non-functional. Doormat is a piece of old carpet. House number is written on the door in biro. (My old front door)

1 Like

A door to an under stair cupboard. It is constructed of tongue and groove paneling. Badly. It is rectangular but for a snipped corner at the top left where it fits under the staircase. There are two twist bolts used to fasten it, which are necessary because the carpet prevents it from closing fully at the bottom. The paint may have once been white but that would have been at least a generation past.

1 Like

Alright, Bilbo.