Please dump moody 90s/early 00s sadcore into this thread

(breaking the time-frame rules but still fits stylistically)

Is this another Mark Kozelek thread?

Could be

1 Like

please no. he’s banned. i’ll let you off with this one video from from now on this thread is a knobhead-free zone.

3 Likes

Gonna be a big hole in your 90s/00s sadcore playlist without him

1 Like

true, but we’re on the drowned in sound forums. i think we’re all aware of the oeuvre of mark kozalek. i’m looking for people to post some unheard gems.

thank you incandenza! listening now. the valet songs really are doing it for me. but the asha vida and jessamine songs are maybe a little too grim/bleak and fall on the wrong side of the melody-driven songs I’m craving.

1 Like

totally. i really just want more of what they’re doing tbh, but there’s no one that does it as well as they do.

1 Like

also – not deserving of its own thread – but s/jenn ghetto’s latest project is so whip-lash inducingly different from what i’ve come to expect from her…

1 Like
4 Likes

I’m not too familiar with the rest of their stuff, but this one’s an all-timer:

One of the best ever:

3 Likes

oh yes. this is the stuff.

I had no idea this was a bonus track until a few months ago, I can’t imagine the album without it.

1 Like

thank you. this is also wonderful. exactly the kind of moodiness i was looking for.

Not exactly Sadcore bands, but I feel like these two each from The Twilight Singers and The Smashing Pumpkins might fit:

Got to admire the fact that you’ve managed to shoehorn the Smashing Pumpkins into a Sadcore thread.

5 Likes

We all have our gifts.

Contender for favorite discovery through lurking here, I somehow had no idea this album existed until the end of 2013.

1 Like