Anyone been on a bus recently?

They’re a bit shit aren’t they?

Got any bus-related stories?

2 Likes

Fuck a bus. Load of bullshit.

1 Like

seems really excessive to play it every 20 seconds

2 Likes

Haven’t noticed this. Last time I was on an 88 I noticed it was getting unnecessarily talky about touching in, fines, contactless and so on though.

My dog’s dead into buses. When we first got her we didn’t have a car so we took her by bus everywhere. Now if she sees a bus she stops to see if anyone she knows is getting off. Last time she was on the bus with the gf she licked the top of a mans bald head

39 Likes

Saw a woman fall down the stairs of a double decker once. She was ok but very embarrassed.

Went on some buses on Saturday and they were quite slow and yes, I’m surprised this announcement hasn’t driven all the bus drivers around the bend.

:rofl:

Quite want to meet your dog.

1 Like

massivelyprefer buses to trains
cosier and i dig the vibrations

1 Like

Sometimes they make me sneeze.

Yes

It’s pointless, as the message comes on after the bus has started moving.

No

2 Likes

When you’re up in Stockport you can if you come into town! She’s a top lad

2 Likes

Where did you go?

Makes me want to cave my own head in

usually got my headphones on and don’t pay much attention but they’re so excessive that i take them off to see what’s going on and it’s always that same pointless message

*shakes fist*

1 Like

Clerkenwell > Angel
Angel > Clerkenwell

Two trips within one hour, so got the second ride for free.

Yes

No, they’re not. They’re a cheap, efficient way of moving people around, and crucial to many people’s, and communities’, existence.

Not really, no.

4 Likes

haven’t been a bus wanker with any real frequency since I lived in London over 20 years ago

You could smoke on the top deck then - and it cost 50p a journey (or something)

Really don’t enjoy getting buses

Bus stories
Once I was on the top deck of a brighton bus and the bus driver drove the bus into the branches of a tree and the front top deck window cracked and we all had to get off the bus

Once I was trying to get home from a night out and it was snowing and the bus couldn’t get up the TDF cat 3 climb of Elm Grove and I had to walk home through the snow all the way to Woodingdean

2 more for Uncle Grievoustim’s memoirs there

2 Likes

Yes

Yes

Yes

4 Likes

Used to get on four per day when I was at college. Nowadays only get on one if the trains are off.

Something about the sound and sensation of a long bus journey is quite hypnotic, you can go into a trance quite easily I think.