Please settle this argument for me

Peas are “greens”

• true
  • false

0 voters

I’m intrigued to hear the basis of the argument that they aren’t.

5 Likes

apparently greens are a specific subset of food and peas aren’t part of that, or something

my argument was “but they’re green”

7 Likes

I always think of greens as broccoli, green cabbage, spinach, etc. Stuff that got boiled for ages and tasted terrible.

Peas are too nice to be greens.

4 Likes

hate all that stuff tbf

Peas are legumes, not cruciferous, everyone knows that

6 Likes

spinach is nice raw though

In my household, greens would have been a catch-all for any vegetables (excl. potatoes) on my plate that I was refusing to eat

2 Likes

Clue is in the colour, idiots.

5 Likes

I don’t think I’d bother with any of them were it not for a vague notion that they’re good for me. Maybe a bit of stir-friend broccoli or shredded cabbage. But they’ve been done a massive disservice by school canteens and the like

1 Like

Voted no as I generally think of greens as being leafy veg.

3 Likes

Take it to the ‘Brits at it’ thread please

5 Likes

Broccoli is regent amongst all which grows from the earth, let me state that plainly.

2 Likes

Is that thread for past crimes as well as ongoing ones? I can’t remember the last time I had badly overcooked veg.

I would call them greens on account of being green but I think yer leafy bois do offer different nutritional stuff so are different probably

2 Likes

one of the great bonuses of indian food is the frequent presence of peas

4 Likes

what about when you get a leaf that’s not actually green but is definitely greens, like purple kale

• greens
  • not greens

0 voters

Kale gets such a bad rap. GBOK.

Not a huge fan of it boiled/steamed but bake em in the oven and hooooo boy

1 Like