Pleasing pronunciations

Leith is pretty good (to say).

can’t think of any other way you would pronounce Fermanagh

1 Like

When I first read it I was thinking fermun-ahhhhh but thought nobody of sound mind would say that.

Murder?

3 Likes

CurlyWurly is one I like to hear

The way people from the Midlands say things like comfy

‘curry’ in a midlands accent :relaxed:

2 Likes

Weirdly, that’s one that works well when you type it in Welsh pronunciation - cwrrae

It’s not quiiiite perfect but it’s close

1 Like

Had a right old giggle when I worked for a breakdown company and took ages to understand we were picking up this Brummie guy from Bury and not somewhere called “Borray” as I thought he was saying.

2 Likes

Cupboard

1 Like

It took a lot of effort to keep a straight face when a brummie I’d just met asked me, “Would you like a jelly baby?” when holding out a packet.

3 Likes

my father-in-law used to say “Mon-AH-co” when pronouncing the famous principality’s name. did me every time

Slaithwaite

where is the Midlands because I feel like I’m from the Midlands but I don’t have an accent or a way of saying words

I suppose what we’re talking about here is the accent group that is like Black Country and Yammers (a bit), like Birmingham, Worcestershire, Leicestershire maybe? I’m not that sure tbh

1 Like

We’ve been through this bam, you do have an accent, along with every speaker of every language

PS you’re from Northamptonshire aren’t you? That is in the East Midlands

2 Likes

Like I wouldn’t say this accent holds for Nottingham, though it’s there a bit. I dunno! Of course, they all have lovely accents

Yeah but I don’t have a fun or distinctive way of saying words unfortunately

Fush and chups :new_zealand:

1 Like