Plots for things - have they been done?

Play? And it was gaslight…

There’s a really big boat that they said was unsinkable but it hits an enormous shark fin and it turns out they actually needed a bigger boat.

No, it was definitely a film.

(I’M GASLIGHTING YOU, GEDDIT?)

Sorry, thought this was the business ideas thread.

Aaaahhh

Feel like a right plum now

A modern retelling of the Orestia. Agamemnon (Now Archie) is a wealthy businessman, in order to help a huge deal goes smoothly, he “sacrifices” his beautiful young daughter, Iphigenia (now Effie), not by killing her, but basically by pimping her out to her guy he wants to do the deal with. Maybe she dies, not sure. Clytemnestra (Catherine) takes revenge by murdering Archie. There is also the subplot of their respective lovers, Aegisthus (Gus) and Cassandra (Cassie).

In the sequel, Agamemnon’s other kids Orestes (Rex) and Elektra (Alexa) gang up and murder their mother in revenge. Rex descends into madness.

The third one falls apart a bit as there isn’t really a modern update for enshrining jury trials in law as a precedent. I guess there’d be a court case.

There’s a bomb on a train, that will go off if the train goes below a certain speed.

Crank, but with dogs.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/eviIbag/status/837816216072892416

6 Likes

Lockout is a bit like the OP

So there’s this right nasty, sadistic serial killer type right? And he’s been caught and is sentenced to death. His lawyer is appealing the case because he seems to have regressed and now has the mind of a child. He has no memory of what he did, so the lawyer is arguing that he’s no longer the person who committed the crimes.

Meanwhile, the evil killer blokes family are having even more problems as their young daughter is getting into all kinds of trouble at kindergarten.

SPOILER: The killer and his daughter switched bodies

Caveat: I haven’t seen many X Men films, but on the basis of the ones I have seen it seems to me that Storm is a bit shit and one-dimensional. So I suggest a trilogy of Storm films.

1. Magneto has hatched a plan to destroy humankind. He’s getting himself ready at home to go to the lab and put the final touches to his doomsday device. Storm finds out and makes a fine drizzle fall outside his front door. The sort that doesn’t seem much, but gets you really wet. Magneto decides he doesn’t fancy the weather much and spends the day on his X Box instead.

2. Magneto has hatched a plan to destroy humankind. He’s getting himself ready at home to go to the lab and put the final touches to his doomsday device. Storm finds out and makes it a really lovely sunny day. Magneto decides to spend the afternoon drinking beer in his deckchair in the garden instead.

3. Magneto has hatched a plan to destroy humankind. He’s getting himself ready at home to go to the lab and put the final touches to his doomsday device. Storm finds out and makes some rime. I haven’t quite worked out how that one ends yet.

2 Likes

This is quality.

1 Like

isn’t this schindler’s list?

This is actually brilliant. I want to steal it.

6 Likes

Chris Pratt wakes up from cryosleep too early on a spaceship still 100 years from its destination, so he wakes up Jennifer Lawrence so he has someone to bone but it turns out she’s a lesbian so he keeps waking up more women from cryosleep until he gets to one he can bone except they’re all lesbians and he ends up on a faulty spaceship with 2000 furious lesbians.

10 Likes

Something about a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life through advanced cloning techniques.

Proper laughter at this one. Good job.

1 Like

The day it rained hammers.

Surely all the lesbians would be pretty chuffed at the way things had turned out? Once they’d put Chris back into his cryopod.