Politics: The Long Smarch (2020)

Someone change the title if it’s bad

always like checking in on these threads at the start of the month and then gradually losing the will to subject myself to the horrors as the month rolls mercilessly on

22 Likes

can we not have a month off ffs

tbf sort of thing boris would do

“tell ya what, month of governing we’ll come back to april feelin phresh 2 govern”

… come ye april …

kuenssberg (from a helicopter over a burning uk): how was the month off. are you, as you amusingly said, phresh 2 govern

boris johnson: yes i am, so phresh. and the country too is so phresh 2 be governed. all is well. everyone is happy. i have a graph

kuenssberg: may i see the graph

boris johnson: no it is my graph

kuennsebrg: that’s fine, i can see with my own two eyes that it’s all gravy

boris johnson: gravy as davy

keuriahdansfgr: you are a hoot, boris

boris johnson: honk honk looka me woo woo nee nor

(he says while garrotting a sealion)

19 Likes

Just a little something to bear in mind the next time someone says the EU has open borders

3 Likes

God knows what those loony European bureaucrats have for breakfast. Traitor’s yogurt, no doubt.

8 Likes

The satanic dust known only as MUESLI

2 Likes

It felt like ministers used to resign or be sacked on a weekly basis when I was younger. The Tories have skewed British politics in so many fucked up ways that the PM supporting Patel after relentless accusations of bullying is now the new normal. This country deserves to be flushed down the fucking toilet.

Loved this reply -

9 Likes

James O’Brien once again providing the real opposition

he did actually do this immediately after the election didn’t he. said that the public wants to have a break from politics

2 Likes

Whadda prick

Double jeopardy isn’t it, if you’ve binned off a minister once, you can’t do it again.

I am a lawyer

5 Likes

imagine him doing the research for this tweet

4 Likes

real stupid this kind of fact checking gotcha stuff isn’t it, like just because something originated somewhere else doesn’t mean it can’t be part of a local tradition etc

4 Likes

Just wait until the frothing Brexiteers hear about the proper English cuppa!

4 Likes

union jack!?!?!
pah! red and blue pigment dies for the first union flags came to these islands from the Indian subcontinent via Venetian merchants in the 16th Century!

3 Likes

Flags as recognised today are commonly thought to have originated in the Indian Subcontinent or Zhou Dynasty China, in about 1200 BCE - not even British pigment on not even a British invention!!!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/owenhatherley/status/1234822425809952770?s=21

6 Likes