Politics: The Long Smarch (2020)

Would’ve been tempted to voted for Hellworld Ed Miliband (the one who looked like JC’s “friend” who has an ironically-gentle nickname, rather than Edstone Ed)

1 Like

Rishi Sunak looks like a Shelbyville Ed Miliband

11 Likes

What’s going on in the Commons at the moment?

sigh

7 Likes

One for the Comrades eg @anon18868718

https://twitter.com/CannedPodcast/status/1239764107353620480

5 Likes

What a time to be alive…

Former Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith urged ministers to immediately raise benefit rates and slash the waiting time for universal credit payments.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, inside Priti Patel’s head:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AbandonedEmotionalAmericanmarten-mobile.mp4

Polling suggests increased satisfaction with Boris Johnson, Jeremy Corbyn and Government

giphy (7)

5 Likes

People just seem to be happy Johnson is doing something. I keep hearing people who don’t like him normally giving him some kind of credit for his handling of all this.

1 Like

5 Likes

Oh IDS I almost thought you’d changed for a minute there

Well I mean the callous, arrogant disregard the Tories have has already cost a shitload of lives and the media said the Tories were wonderful and public handed them a whopping great majority anyway, so big surprise that Boris Johnson knows he won’t suffer any consequences now either

People seem to have very low standards at the minute.

Gordon Brown must have said something reassuring on the radio today and centrist twitter has fallen back in love with him and want him to be prime minister again (the same people who voted him out of office in 2010 I imagine)

Leo Varadkar got voted out of office mere weeks ago but he did a speech on TV the other night in which he was Not Boris Johnson and now people on my feed seem to be falling over themselves to call him a True Statesman.

But HOW

tbf I can understand the Lib Dem (shy Tory) and Brexit ones, but that Green party swing is a real head scratcher.

Interesting that even everyone now realising that adopting all his policies is the best way to stop society imminently collapsing around our feet isn’t enough to make Lib Dems hate him any less regardless.

Think I read summat once that said approvals will continue to increase after a big victory because people just like winners. Humans are weird and shit.

2 Likes

I do not recognise any political unit ssa having authority/jurisdiction over me.

(There I’m emancipated now.)

I self identify as not having left the EU.

“I DECLARE BANKRUPTSY”

how fucking incredible is it that, having won the 2015 election, Cameron would still be PM for another couple of months had he not gambled on the EU referendum

7 Likes