Poll: The Weakest Link (The Beatles - Revolver)

superbideaman
yeeeeeeees
fuuuuuuu

alright chaps

simply vote for what in your opinion, are the 2 weakest tracks on the above album. I’ll close voting in 48 hours, collate the scores, then open a new poll with the remaining 12 tracks

the idea is that over the next few weeks we’ll keep culling 2 tracks, which will obviously become harder and harder, until we have some sort of general consensus as to what the greatest song on Revolver is. simple!

I chose Revolver, as I’d imagine it’s an album that pretty much everyone knows from top to bottom, but any suggestions for future ‘weakest link’ polls are more than welcome

let’s do this!

cheers

• Taxman
  • Elanor Rigby
  • I’m Only Sleeping
  • Love You To
  • Here, There and Everywhere
  • Yellow Submarine
  • She Said She Said
  • Good Day Sunshine
  • And Your Bird Can Sing
  • For No One
  • Dr. Robert
  • I Want to Tell You
  • Got to Get You into My Life
  • Tomorrow Never Knows

0 voters

chat ENCOURAGED

And so begins a new dawn of album survivor threads on DiS.

fuck, I need to make this poll OPEN!

give me a mo lads…

I don’t know why I’m unable to set this as a public vote. ffs!

I have a long established visceral dislike of Eleanor Rigby, but the horrible memory of enforced childhood singalongs of Yellow Submarine means that’s where my vote goes. Difficult to understand anyone voting for any of the other songs.

Tomorrow Never Knows. I actually really like it but I don’t care for centrist dads telling the kids that song “invented dance music/sampling/techno/electronic music/hip-hop/trip-hop”, quite damaging to the yoot’s musical education/open mindedness.

Plus everybody knows “Flying” invented hip-hop.

So which poll do we vote in?

just use the first one man

@moderators can you delete the other one please

Done

Can’t get my vote to work

Same

Edit nevermind working now :slight_smile:

Revolver kinda sucks. And For No One is annoying. My girlfriend thinks I’m very, very wrong. But everyone knows Please Please Me and With the Beatles are better :wink:

Don’t understand the hate for Yellow Submarine. It’s got some great moments like when all those clanging sound effects come in and that ‘Haha!’ bit. Plus it #makesuthink about the logistics of living in a yellow submarine.

For No One is lovely!

Went with “Dr. Robert” (always felt like a throwaway) and “Good Day Sunshine” (too positive, reminds me of DJ Tanner riding a horse). I don’t know how “And Your Bird Can Sing” got a vote.

The worst song on Revolver:

It’s interesting to me that tastes have changed to the extent that most people’s old favorite, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, is suddenly being squeezed out by Revolver and Rubber Soul. I suppose that the songs we pick as weakest are also subject to changes in taste. Also, I’m not sure if I really have the guts to do this, but I’ll give you one each for John, George and Paul (now ‘Sir’ Paul since their bass player got knighted).

So, in no particular order:

1. She Said She Said
  2. I Want to Tell You
  3. Good Day Sunshine

I’m with your gf on this one, you are very wrong :wink:

One of the best you muppet

When I bought Revolver I expected to be skipping Yellow Submarine every time, but it’s fine really. Perfectly listenable and I like the little sound effects. The real absolute stinker turned out to be Good Day Sunshine.

Went for that and Got To Get You Into My Life. Really hate those muted horn sounds. I know they’re real but they sound like they’re being played on a cheap Casio.

And who the FUCK voted for I’m Only Sleeping??