Polls

Making big lists in polls is a bit of a pain now as you can’t C&P a list to make all the options. Is there a workaround for this?

Was going to create a thread on social media use but CBA writing 10+ platform names in each poll.

Had a chat about this yesterday here, hopefully this is helpful for you too:

1 Like

Just insert the poll into your post with one option then c&p the list in the post itself was what I did, just have to put a * and a space before each one. Like if you were c&p-ing something between spoiler or summary tags.

2 Likes

Is this a Discord change or a local change? I don’t like it. Friendship with polls ended. Now doing work is friend.

1 Like

Discourse change. Not me, honest! Sure we’ll get ysed to it though. The way @japes explained was tbf the best way to poll even before the changes imho.

1 Like
  • Work is friend
  • Poll strange

0 voters

That way was always a pain on mobile. Sure on a computer i could set up a spreadsheet to add the asterisk across a load of enties, but on the phone it’s fiddly.

oh well, if discourse wants to RUIN their platform!!! :wink:

Such a weird choice of feature for Discourse to work on, it’s just objectively worse as far as a UX experience goes.

More clicks to do something that was straightforward, more screen real-estate taken, no actual improved behaviour.

At least you can still edit them easily enough outside of that popup.

4 Likes

@ma0sm @shrewbie check out this bozo

4 Likes

AH HATE THE NEW POLLS

2 Likes

Are they all anonymised?

By default yes but you can change that in the settings (annoyingly I have to scroll down on PC to find the option for this)

1 Like

Really annoying that the default’s anon now. most people won’t even know you can change it so there’ll be so many anonymous polls

1 Like

How will we know who to beef with now?

(I dislike beefing)

Reckon it’ll be the end of poll threads too cause of the extra ballache of multiple polls with the same options and the lack of c&ping straight into the poll box.

1 Like