POP 2024

Is there a 2024 pop thread? I couldn’t find one.

Anyway, it’s everywhere and it’s the song of the summer and a right and proper bop:

2 Likes

that’s quite nice yeah. I’d have put a big trashy guitar solo in there but that’s why I’m not number one

1 Like

Fabiana Palladino has my favourite pop album from this year. Quite throwback but what isn’t?

You joke but I can’t believe how well a song that basically goes nowhere is doing. Just when I think I ‘get’ pop music, something like this happens and I get v confused.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sabrina Carpenter’s aunt is the lady that does the voice of Bart Simpson. I think more people should know this.

6 Likes

Surely this is to be a Chappell Roan style summer?

Espresso is good. The fact that Spotify has decided to auto play it constantly is less good.

New Magdalena Bay song is top.

2 Likes

oh this bangs

1 Like

That Marias track has strong “unexpectedly good Eurovision track from Belgium or something that I suddenly go all in on and try to get everyone to vote for” vibes

(this is a good thing btw)

That new Sabrina Carpenter song is good, 1st thing in ages that Jack Antonoff has got his hands on that I haven’t immediately noticed was his, although I did think it had hints of Lana. Nice guitar on it and all.

1 Like