Pope Benedict XVI RIP

Can’t wait to elect a new Emeritus Pope

1 Like

Going to be a fun chat with st peter about the whole 1940s bit of his life

5 Likes

My mum used to drive one of those

8 Likes

600 years as pope is a pretty good innings. Can’t see anyone beating that tbf.

5 Likes

22 Likes

Pfft. There hasn’t been a decent pope since they moved back from Avignon. Antipope 4 Life.

2 Likes

Nope Pope.

1 Like

Quite like this pope whose hat makes him look like an Elvis impersonator

5 Likes
34 Likes

He was a real piece of shit. Good riddance. He looked in really poor health for years, hopefully consumed by guilt as well as pain.

7 Likes

Heard someone describe him as one of the great minds of the last century, so looked up his (apparent) achievements and one of the first ones was ‘reintroduced several disused papal garments’. Imagine having that sort of power and audience and one of your big plays being “Mind if I wear that hat the old fella used to rock back in the day?”.

7 Likes

From the Graun obit:

In April 2019, two months after Francis convened a groundbreaking Vatican conference on sexual abuse, Benedict published a 6,000-word letter saying abuse was a product of a culture of sexual freedom dating from the 1960s.

Fuck that guy.

15 Likes

This. What a cunt.

3 Likes

Normally, the camerlengo has the role of officially confirming the pope’s death, traditionally by driving a stake through his heart with a large hammer and calling out his name.

12 Likes

Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down,
It’s the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown!

11 Likes

The once head of the worlds most prolific paedophile ring is dead. Fuck Jim

4 Likes

This has tickled me :smiley:

10 Likes

Our long time family friend who was a Catholic priest (“was” because he died, not because he quit) used to love referring to him as “Ratzi the Nazi”.

7 Likes

Abject cunt. Almost makes me wish he was right about Christianity, just so that he can burn.

1 Like