Positive Fucking Action Thread

Small changes you will make or things you will do to contribute to a better world despite the fucking shitstorm of a country we live in.

Wife and I have just committed to call out 100% of even slightly Daily Mailish language used by our Tory relatives and will withhold access to our daughter for anyone who persists

I’ve just emailed SCRATCH the Southampton poverty charity to see how I can volunteer to support them.

NOW YOU SAY SOMETHING.

32 Likes

Upping my donations to Shelter and the local homelessness charity for a start.

25 Likes

You are a good man and this is a good thing to do.

3 Likes

Financially I cant do anything to help as I’m relying on food banks as the norm almost now.

But I’ll do what I can politically in the city, what that is yet I’m unsure.

26 Likes

I’d already applied to be a community champion for Turn2Us, to promote their services to ensure people maximise their benefits entitlements and get access to financial hardship grants.

Was planning to start the ground work with food banks and community centres this weekend. I was worried with my own past with depression and anxiety I wouldn’t commit to it as well as I’d like and get very guilty in the long run.

Not anymore - last night has fired me up to so much I’m gonna take all this anger and disillusionment and run with it.

11 Likes

Already sent an email seeing if I can volunteer for Home-start, a charity which helps vulnerable new families. Maybe I can do something, I hope I can.

19 Likes

My mum volunteers for them, as a whole they really do important stuff that’s really personal

4 Likes

Gonna go and do a big shop after work for the foodbank box. Nothing really but I need to do something, however small. People who will be most affected by this have to know that they’re not alone.

20 Likes

I’m going to contact my union rep to basically make myself available for any upcoming plans. I think the field of nursing is going to need it…

15 Likes

Sold my wife’s written off car yesterday. Today I’m spending the money on food and taking it to the local food bank.

27 Likes

Edit: can’t even post in the right thread today. FFS.

Reserved a Christmas place at Crisis.

34 Likes

Same :+1:

4 Likes

Aye. Same here.

Bunged a bit towards The Trussell Trust as well:

7 Likes

Problem is, like hundreds of thousands of others (and loads of you on here), I’m doing all of these things, both in my day job and out-of-hours time. It’s difficult not to feel like one’s efforts are a bit futile.

But okay - positive action. Gonna get through today, regroup over the weekend and Christmas, and fucking blitz it in the new year.

6 Likes

Ok, let’s fuck

7 Likes

any londoners even vaguely interested, can heavily recommend volunteering for crisis at christmas too because it’s very fun and will help you feel better (obv also volunteer outside christmas if you can)

8 Likes

If anyone knows of any volunteering needs in Glasgow (or the best way of finding out such a thing?), that’d be much appreciated. I don’t really know where to start. Thanks x

1 Like

set up a direct debit thing for Shelter - had been meaning to do one for ages but never got round to it, figured this was as good a time as any.

similar, been meaning to set something up for this place for ages - anyone know which out of patreon or PayPal is “best” for taking less fees etc.?

2 Likes

Although it might not feel like you’re making a huge different to the overall state of the country, the individuals you help on a regular basis are benefiting hugely from the hard work you do and that’s whats important. You’re really making a difference to peoples lives and well-being and don’t let that slip from your mind today x

27 Likes