++ positive things time thread ++

ah sorry, you might be a lady so I shouldn’t have said “man” but the old captain barnacle or whatever his name is led me to that conclusion

Most definitely!

And I can confirm 100% penis here, so ‘man’ is entirely appropriate.

1 Like

yeah I’m in danger of getting fat and lazy again so going to step up the exercise once I start sleeping better. Will be good.

Half-marathon is pretty serious and definitely something you can be proud of! Are you going to let DiS sponsor you?

that’s way too good and funny to be from a 6 year old.

Did one earlier this year but messed my knee up in the training which led to a pretty frustrating time, I’m really hoping to get under 2 hours for this one and then not sign up for another one tbh!

1 Like
  • Going to Italy at the weekend, hopefully it will be sunny and somewhat relaxing despite the fact travelling with a baby is a ball ache and we’e going to a bloody wedding

• NFL season starts soon, can distract myself from everything by endlessly worrying about the state of the Lions’ offensive line.

2 Likes

Are you giving a fun speech at the wedding or just looking forward to some drunk dad dancing?

I’ll admit to correcting one or two spelling mistakes, but otherwise word for word.

Your son sounds awesome

I’ll second that!

He’s amazing. (And, for balance, so’s my daughter! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Can’t imagine how great the feeling of pride from being a dad is. Good work he!

1 Like

I’ve literally only met the couple once, the bride is my wife’s colleague. We were invited by text. I imagine what happened is they’d paid for a set number of guests at the fancy villa on Lake Como, and had some drops outs, so we got called up. Not going to say no when flights are so cheap. So no speech, but also not sure how much dancing, seeing as baby likes to go to sleep at 7pm… hopefully some nice booze and food though.

2 Likes

Nice to see you went for a Biblical name.

3 Likes

2 Likes

anybody else want to share what’s good in their life?

I used to run from my house near Crouch Hill to work in Old St quite often and it was nice. We’d go down to Highbury fields then through Canonbury and De Beauvoir. It would take me about an hour tho :frowning:

I’ve walked to and from every day since I moved in so far so just followed the same route, down Holloway Road until Liverpool Road then the length of that until Angel and then down City Road. It ends very downhill as well which is a good thing.

Yeah I need to start it again. I’ve just started cycling to work again and it killed me combined with the already intense amount of exercise I do.

1 Like

:heavy_plus_sign: I am going to Singapore for work in less than a month. Although I am scared/nervous, I’m positive cause it’s stepping out of my comfort zone and something to say I’ve achieved all on my own!

:heavy_plus_sign: Feeling nicely fit and strong at the moment

6 Likes