Post-Ashes cricket thread 🦗

So we won the ashes?

Yep, and it’s been agreed that in further recompense for years of poor Australian behaviour, Prince George will kick the Australian prime minister up the arse.

4 Likes

Well they can kiss goodbye to that tenuous hold they were hoping to get on the moral high ground. I’m amazed by Smith in particular, to risk throwing away your reputation for some minor gains in one innings in a match they’re almost certainly going to lose anyway. Bizarre decision.

1 Like

Test cricket really needed this series some great play, needle and controversy.

Having AB back is icing on cake

Utterly disgusted in my captain and my team

Disgraceful

1 Like

Doesn’t Smith’s response boil down to “the senior players thought about cheating, decided to cheat, and then made one of the juniors do it?”. Pure class, that.

3 Likes

I find the response in the press conference reeks of ‘we are sorry we got caught’

I think Lehmann is all in it too

Cricket Australia CEO presser in a couple of hours, should be interesting

I look forward to Steve Smith continuing as captain following this.

Every member of the ‘leadership group’ who decided Bancroft should do it should get banned, but I assume won’t.

Yes, this business of the sub coming out from the dressing room to have a word is deeply fishy. Definitely looks like Lehman knew about it.

Maybe they realise Cricket Australia probably won’t drop Steve Smith but almost definitely would just fire Darren Lehman and hire someone else? He probably has more to lose than the players.

Whether he knew or not surely he should take the fall to save others?

Well the tone of this presser suggests heads will roll

Be interesting to see the follow through from CA on this

If Smith’s head isn’t one of those that rolls it will be a shambles.

4 Likes

The tone of every former Australian cricketer who wants to get involved seems to suggest the same, which might be even more damning.

I’m surprised Smith has dumped the leadership group in it with him, should’ve taken all the shit himself. Now if Smith is stood down, how can they possibly go to one of this group to take the job??? Probably end up with a Marsh brother as captain!!

I think Lehman will be the lamb, Smith suspended at least - I think he can’t possibly stay as captain

Shaun Marsh probably has what 2 years max left as a regular for Australia? He could be a good stand in whilst Steve Smith is publicly rehabilitated and can then contritly take over the captaincy again after he has learnt his lesson.

I think Tim Paine could be a chance too

I’m just so pissed off with this whole situation - stink all over it!

Yeah probably a decent shout. Don’t really see who else it could be unless Lyon isn’t a part of the leadership group.

Lyon is right in the group, as is Warner

Potentially Hazlewood and/or Starc as well

Australian government has asked the board to remove Smith (!)