Post-International break main football thread

Big league is back. Game of the weekend is the early kick off on Saturday as Liverpool confirm it is definitely, actually their year by exposing 4 season wonder Kane, war hero Son and the rest of the spurs lads at Wembley.

There will be 8 goals scored at the etihad. Fulham will score up to 2 of them.

3rd place Watford take on 10th place Manchester United

Chelsea have another bye.

Quite looking forward to my etihad trip. Obviously we’ll get pummelled but reckon we’ll get a goal and should be a fun day out

Brentford away. Fucking love Brentford away. Top ground.

(Who’s the Brentford fan here? Good bunch of eggs) :soccer:

Really like it when a ground is massively tinpot but also has tiered stands. Good lads, brentford

4 Likes

Love stadiums like Griffin Park that are just nestled in the middle of residential streets and stuff. One of those that you don’t even notice is there until you go round a corner and find a bunch of turnstiles.

4 Likes

I did a big chuckle when one of the chaps on the Totally Football podcast offered the chant: “He’s from Seoul and he’s not a solider”.

I’m sure this joke has been circulated thousands of time in the last 2 weeks. Soz.

4 Likes

Very much looking forward to another Rafa Benitez Defensive Masterclass against Arsenal resulting in us losing 2-1, again

1 Like

Arsenal are shaky as fuck tbf

Yep absolutely. I’d love to see us actually give them a game, like against Spurs, unlike City and Chelsea - we’ll see

1 Like

Can’t imagine vitesse buying any of Chelseas promising young players anytime soon. certainly not with buyback clauses

6 Likes

That Roy Keane WhatsApp thing is brilliant. Guy is a complete psychopath, Jesus what a cunt!

This might have been posted elsewhere I dunno

love that stand, absolutely no need for it to be two tiers, pretty sure the view in the bottom tier is meant to be terrible as it’s so shallow. Will miss it when we move into our new stadium in a couple of seasons.

:wave:

looking forward to the inevitable Will Grigg hat trick :fire:

1 Like

What I said yesterday, but with more stats!

“If you don’t mind to lose a couple of minutes, I’m going to do something not for you but the United fans and I think I hold myself to the United fans and for them I am going to spend two minutes with you.”

“2016-17: Marcus Rashford played 32 Premier League matches, 11 Europa League matches, including the final, three FA Cup matches, six League Cup matches, including the final, and the Community Shield. He had 53 appearances but if you want to take to the minutes of play, he played 3068 and if you want to divide that by 90 minute matches, he played 34.2 matches of 90 minute matches in 2016-17.”

“In 2017-18, 35 Premier League matches, eight in Champions League, five in FA Cup, three League Cup matches and the European Super Cup final. He played a total of 52 matches with 2,676 minutes, if you divide that by 90, gives 29.7 matches, so with me, in two seasons, he had 105 appearances, 5774 minutes, 63.7 matches of 90 minutes, including five finals, so the people that is speaking about these minutes, I think they are a bit confused.”

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but there’s a boca juniors documentary on Netflix (I think it just went on there today), looks like it might be decent.

1 Like

Get to it along the canal if you can, easily the best approach.

City have so far looked every inch the side they were after each of their previous title wins, plodding diffidently through each of their fixtures and dropping points against the only decent side they’ve faced so far. No amount of Mahrezes and Bernardo Silvas have replaced the gaping Ginger Kev-shaped hole at their heart.
Fulham, meanwhile, have improved with each passing game. Think once again it’ll be entertaining game for the neutrals (as well as for non-Fulham supporters!!) but the best money is on score draw, maybe fancy an away win with the absolutely insane odds being offered which in no way reflect recent performances.

thank fuck proper football is back

looks like Abraham and Bolasie are going to be involved today

we’ve also let Ritchie de Laet go out on loan to Australia which is nice for him

1-3
Two early goals from Salah and Mane after defensive lapses by half time. Slight resurgence after the break and a goal back by Lucas. Annoying penalty scored by someone annoying like Wijnaldum to finish it off.