Post-International break main football thread

NBC?

Yeah, that was fucking tragic.

1 Like

Lovely stuff (sorry itā€™s a Reddit link)

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comments/9i1gir/high_quality_play_in_the_saudi_arabian_league/?utm_source=reddit-android

4 Likes

Big fan of that Bernardo Silva header

Love the ones that look like flukes until you see the replay.

2 Likes

Goblin warlock gurning under his hood.

3 Likes

Minus the goblin-ness, I reckon thatā€™d be my expression if the opposition subbed Aguero off for Riyad Mahrezā€¦

Enjoy that his brief appearances in the PL every few years are just completely miserable.

(doesnā€™t stop him being dead smarmy in all the interviews, like. Goes into a weird mode of thereā€™s no chance so just happy to be there)

Iā€™m not sure Burnley got in to 4 positions they couldā€™ve scored from against us last week. Bournemouth must be shite.

2 goals in 52 appearances. About 35 million in transfer fees. Shane Long.

1 Like

Heā€™s done alright for himself

1 Like

From the highlights Bournemouth didnā€™t look as bad as the score line suggested. Bit of a freak result perhaps.

United getting held at home by a newly promoted side third last in the running order. Ouch.

Maddisonā€™s facial hair is a fucking disgrace.

Those of you who have a house, and would like to own another house, should bet it on West Ham to beat Chelsea this lunchtime.

This didnā€™t get enough love. Amazing scenes.

Glad United signed a new barnacle to replace Rooney

You mean Sanchez? While I did say a couple of years ago that his body might not last beyond the end of last season, I do think itā€™s partly down to the way that United post-Fergie seem to have this ability to limit the abilities of any of your primarily technique-based attacking players. I mean, he was playing pretty shite for us last season but he was still posting much much better numbers than he is now.

1 Like

Yeah. Didnā€™t want him in the first place, so Iā€™m particularly biased against him but my word. Fuck the numbers, heā€™s just appalling, literally like late career Rooney, turning the ball over, fluffing simple passes, comically ballooning shots and free kicks over etc.

Would seem pretty premature, but think heā€™s done at United. But the wages are gonna make it a painful drawn-out Torres like experience. Was bought for immediate impact and unless he turns it around by Christmas Iā€™d say heā€™s very much flopped.

2 Likes

Bradley Allen reckons Hazard has a low sense of gravity.

1 Like

Itā€™s been a nothing game so far. Would like to see Chelsea go up a gear or two in this half, theyā€™re playing well within themselves.