Post-International break main football thread

On one level I kind of respect a club in this era of top flight football who express a cheapness so profound it runs from the boardroom right down to the footie on the pitch.

1 Like

against football kick off times being spread across the entire week but still pretty excited for a full night of champions league

2 Likes

GAZIDIS OUT

Is he the good one or the bad one? Haven’t really been paying attention to that box set.

Yeah, always difficult to keep track of there innit.

He’s a nondescript one. I don’t like him though.

Been at Arsenal for nearly 10 years doing absolutely nothing of note happily shirking any responsibilities and hiding behind Wenger’s willingness to front any attacks at the club, until the summer where he gets rid of Wenger and restructures the club where it gives him a lots more autonomy… and then cowardly backs away knowing that if this all doesn’t work he is responsible. He is a loser.

Saying that, I worry that him leaving means Kroenke’s son will have a more prominent role within the club…

Nobody liked Burnley last season

11 Likes

Did you have any positive feelings towards Burnley football club in the 2017/18 season

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Should be a ‘meh’ option.

2 Likes

Meh isn’t a positive feeling, so there is an option for that

3 Likes

Forever in awe of the mind of Sol Campbell. I love him.

1 Like

:thinking:

4 Likes

Might get lost among all the Gazprom chat, but what’s been going on at Plymouth the last year and a bit? Why did you start so appallingly, then have title winning form for the second half of last season, and then back to being so appalling? Must say I was a bit concerned for you when I saw you’d singed Riley and Ladapo, they were both mince for us (Shrewsbury)

Just came on here to check that this had been said by Someone

Everything is fine.

Palace do the same

https://cpfcgamesmakers.org.uk/

I don’t think I have ever seen one of these.

When I was a teenager, I used to sell programmes, They money was terrible, but more importantly I got a free ticket for every game, which was fine by me.

Think it comes down to the fact that financial constraint and board caution mean that we generally only sign players to 12 month contracts, which leads to having a new intake of 8-10 players each summer who then take a while to gel. Derek Adams seems to only want to play local teams from the regional leagues pre-season so the new XI is usually pretty untested. Last season after Christmas I think we got a bit lucky too, and I’m starting to think that Adams has taken us as fsr as he can go. Ladapo hasn’t been bad so far on and off, Graham Carey, who ordinarily provides about 60% of our assists is massively off form so that’s contributed to his lack of goals a bit. Riley is genuinely one of the worst players I’ve ever seen in an Argyle shirt, and that really is saying something.

just fucking horrendous.
favourite ever City defender to watch and one of my favourite ever players period. gave so much to the club. won’t hear anyone involved with the club saying a bad word about him, as a player or a person
absolutely gutting :frowning:

7 Likes

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!

1 Like