Post your Discogs collection random item

Haven’t listened to this for ages, will dig it out at the weekend for a spin.

I’m a massive James fan, so this felt like a welcome stop-gap during their hiatus. Booth’s vocals are so distinctive that it almost feels like a lesser James album, albeit without some the “stadium-ness” of the band. Not listened to it in a very long time though. Think I’ll give it a blast.

Fix My Life is one of those tunes I find it impossible to sit still to. I think I’ll save this to play after work!

I’ve not got that one, but do have something very similar I picked up from charity. And it is in a similar like now :smiley:.

Must be something in the mind of a record collector which makes us get stuff like this! I have too many records and bit enough time to really do it anymore but still buy some random items.

1 Like

Burmese - Colony Collapse Disorder

Url: Burmese – Colony Collapse Disorder (2009, Vinyl) - Discogs

Filth today! Burmese were a pretty horrible Twin bass noise outfit. Absolute racket. Think I picked this one up from an Austrian distro. I’ve got a split with Potop which is better I think, and the full length Men is worth your time although I’d let horrific.

Another bloody 10’ but just look at it. Lovely slab of (bees)wax

a version album, with lots of different vocal cuts to the same rhythm. Good, but a little bit goes a long way.

10 feet?? That’s a big record! :grinning:

3 Likes

Bit of recent Badly Drawn Boy for today.

1 Like

One of my top 5 albums of all time today. Endtroducing…

I remember buying this, Christmas '96 in Virgin, Nottingham. I’d heard “Changeling” on an NME compilation so recognised the name, then when I was browsing in store they played “The Number Song” which prompted me to buy the album.

I was blown away at those two tracks but hearing the whole album, and in particular “Midnight In A Perfect World” for the first time when I got home was something else.

3 Likes

Full disclosure: I’ve only got round to putting my 7"s and the ambient part of my lps onto discogs thus far!

2 Likes

A DiS favourite today. I remember getting annoyed that I had to tear the packaging to get into it, but it was obviously worth it. Brilliant album. Loads of first year of uni memories associated with this.

7 Likes

The big art cards in this are lovely

2 Likes

I only have the digipack version of this, if I’d been aware of that version at the time I’d have been all over it! (I do have a huge poster though, I’ll have to live with that) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One of the most valuable records in my collection. Getting Daupe! releases on Bandcamp is always stressful, but whenever it’s a Griselda release there’s an extra layer of stress on top - getting the confirmation email really felt like an achievement!

Fond of this 7"

Malcolm Middleton - Ryanair Song

Url: Malcolm Middleton – Ryanair Song (2004, Vinyl) - Discogs

Shared from the Discogs App

I didn’t really appreciate this album until a friend told me it was perfect for Sunday mornings and now I really like it.

It is what it is.

1 Like
2 Likes

Nice pick for a Sunday morning listen :+1:

2 Likes

Email from Resident today;

"Hi,

Thank you for ordering with us, it is very appreciated.

Unfortunately I have some bad news, your Oceansize LP has come back as out of stock with our suppliers and we are unable to fulfil your order this time. I have processed a full refund for the order, and it should appear back with you shortly. I am very sorry to have to disappoint you, and I hope you still manage to find it somewhere."

:sob: