Post your most expensive Discogs item

Not in a showing off kind of way - more pleasantly surprised…
Here’s mine -

1 Like

Surprisingly it’s this, pretty sure I didn’t spend more than £20 for it off eBay about ten years ago. I thought it would be the Killing Joke singles deluxe box set but that’s second after this one.

2 Likes

Mine is this limited vinyl release of an unreleased 2006 album by The Coral that I got for £14 new a couple of years ago and now goes for about £100!

2 Likes

I sold this not long ago, having bought it at release. Sold it for close to the lowest price listed here to a big fan who was thrilled to get it. I don’t like selling stuff for more than it cost me so put a lot of effort sending lots of photos, recording clips etc.

I had bought the 45rpm reissue which sounds amazing so was happy to let this go.

1 Like

looks like this at the moment - value seems to have shot up again recently but then i’ve never seen a copy out in the wild (mine was bought off their site a few years back)

1 Like

Mine’s Aphex Twin SAW 2 but it’s too boffed to sell.

Don’t really seem to have many that sell for more than £40-50 tbh.

Might be my original Frances The Mute bought when it came out. I’ve got quite a few Brazilian rarities that tip the £100 mark too.

Only do CDs so really it’s peanuts in comparison to the madness that is vinyl resale, but here’s good old Nick Drake’s 1986 Fruit Tree box-set, all-time high £107.14:

Second up, and lower in the all-time highs (£60) is Viktor Vaughn - Vaudeville Villain, but there’s only one copy for sale on Discogs and it’s £73.29 and postage from spain.

It’s this which is median €142 for some reason

Strong Wet Bandits energy from this thread.

bent-key-escape-home-alone

Want to know when the lights come on timer too?

:wink:

6 Likes

What’s your most valuable possession? Nice. And whereabouts do you keep it? Ok, when are you in?

1 Like

I’d say my place in its current state is at least as lethal as the brownstone in Home Alone 2.

1 Like

mine would have been this one

but, er, I sold it.

I also have this, which some enterprising souls are trying to sell for €500+,

but it is knackered after my little brother decided to use it for “scratching practice” while I was at university. Bless him.

3 Likes

This is far and away my most wanted record!

Mine is this, but I think it’ll come right down now it’s been repressed, as it should.

Kind of surprised that it’s this…

Though I have a 70s copy of the dark side of the moon that isn’t catalogued that I know is worth £100+ (part of a job lot of records given as a gift). Sadly it’s not the famously expensive one…

Sorting by max value, it’s this (spoilering cos the cover is NSFW, it’s Night Time, My Time by Sky Ferreira):

2 Likes

RSD version.

Looks to be this blue pressing of Spice.

Unicef were doing a raffle of a bunch of “classic” albums pressed on blue vinyl, limited to 50 of each. Tickets were £5 but when you checked out the order number represented the amount of tickets sold - turned out not many tickets had sold and I was able to work out my best chances for winning a few of them. Ended up with Spice, Nick Cage’s Skeleton Tree and Back to Black (also won Alicia Keys and Coldplay, but sold them since).

1 Like