Post your most listened to albums of the last week

All I’ve got beyond that is red dirt girl which is hit and miss but the title track is fucking AMAZING and anthology of earlier stuff. Kind of associate her with lots of collars later on - her turns on I’m Wide Awake It’s Morning are so good.

1 Like

Can someone help me please? I do all my listening in itunes but would like to get a summary grid as displayed above. I’m not on last.fm and have heard something about scrobbling. If I get a last.fm account and attach it to itunes, will it generate a matrix like this? I’m not a complete software dimbo but I could do with some advice before wasting my time / suitably employing my time…

last.fm will give you a lovely profile like this: cathalmcb’s Music Profile | Last.fm

and when you have one of those you can enter your username into the link in the OP and get a lovely grid

Hi Icarus-Smicarus - thanks for this, but I want to avoid listening through last.fm as all my music is on itunes? Errr. I’m being a bit thick. And I owe you a mix - which is burned and enveloped, just need to go to the post office…

oh, sorry, no, what you do is download the last.fm plugin, which will install to your itunes and will scrobble everything you listen to so that it shows up on your last.fm profile. you can also download the last.fm app if you listen to music via your phone which will do the same thing there, and if you use Spotify there’s an option in Settings to enter your last.fm login and it will track from there too.

it’s a bit unclear since they launched a massively unfinished website design a while ago with lots of things missing (though they’re coming back gradually) and i think the download page for the plugin has disappeared and i need to have a hunt for it for you.

no worries about the mix, you’re not one of my recipients but i haven’t sent any of mine yet either. d’oh.

That’s great - if you don’t mind looking for that plugin, that would be marvellous - I’ll get a last.fm account and then scrobble away! I’m a sucker for grid format album displays (I use n7 player on Android as it does that beautifully, though I do virtually all my listening in the office)…

got it! just had to search the help forums.

All done - scrobbling as I type - you’ve made me a very happy cow!

1 Like

Does this work:

Yes it does!

Wish I could make these sweet montages.

Mostly I’ve been listening to
Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps

What a record.

If you use itunes, windows media player or a phone, see Icarus-Smicarus’s really helpful post above. I am now scrobbling. Just need to listen to nine albums now…

I had major issues with scrobbling from iTunes in recent years. I think the plugin was incompatible with more recent releases of iTunes, so I sacked off Apple and installed Clementine as my PC player instead. I’ve also got AIMP, which sounds better but is less intuitive to use. Anyway, both scrobble nicely and iTunes can do one!

Yeah mainly don’t use those so it would be a bit pointless, just taking a few tracks off my phone. But I will endure

Funny thing is, the only apple product I use is itunes. Ditched my ipod mini years ago once android phones did music playing properly. I’ve tried WinAmp, Mediamonkey and others but never really found any of them as intuitive as the itunes interface, particularly not for playlisting or doing compilations. Hopefully this scrobble thing will work (early doors for me so far).

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’ve always found iTunes to be decent. I loved its smart playlists and I found it clean and easy to use. It was only the intermittent scrobbling that made me move away. Which is kind of daft really.

i still use Windows Media Player, not sure why people don’t like it

This week I have mostly been listening to Mingus Plays Piano, Dinosaur Jr You’re Living All Over Me (but can’t get past The Lung without rewinding it again and again) and an all-time fave album John Cale’s Fragments of a Rainy Season. I read a review of his autobiography the other day. The writer said John Cale is the most talented composer in British music. Not even Sir Macca comes close to Cale’s breadth and depth. I’m finding it very hard to disagree X

Thanks Ic-Smic! Done it!