4 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

The new Godspeed and Dry Cleaning records are both mint. Revisiting MBV. Exploring Music League discoveries (The Clientele and Tricky).

Listened to Room Inside The World the other week. It’s such a great album, every song is pretty much perfect

1 Like

Hard agree! It was definitely one of my favourites from 2018 and yeah it still sounds great. From that driving opener of Into the. Sea to the ghostly closer Alice. It’s all great. I really would like to hear some more from them soon although I think it was mentioned that they’d broken up which sucks. Would happily take some more solo Tim Darcy stuff too!

1 Like

Yeah looks like that could be them done :disappointed_relieved: such a shame as they are easily in my top 5 guitar bands of the past 5-10 years . Oh well, if that is the case, at least they never made a duff album. All 3 should be considered stone cold classics in a decade or so imo

1 Like

Only listened to 15 albums this week so have a 3x5

2 Likes

I wasn’t fussed by it at the time, didn’t like it as much as the previous stuff, but picked it up a few months ago and got a lot more into it

1 Like

I was kinda the same. Really liked it at the time but didn’t fully appreciate how amazing it is. When I whacked it on the other week I was kinda blown away by how much better it was than I remembered

Also, yes it was def the departure from the first two, more so in his voice, that threw me. But wow a little break from it totally gave me the perspective to realise how awesome it is. Probably their best album

3 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like