Post your most listened to albums of the last week

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Some good striking head shots in this weeks collage.

5 Likes

A few SNAPs there. The Arooj Aftab album is beautiful isn’t it. Interesting back story too, has sent me down a few wikipedia holes

1 Like

Ha yeah we do! And Mircrocastle never gets old does it? :smiley:

Vulture Prince is absolutely stunning! I was saying in a music league thread that it’s like this years Silver Ladders or Not Even Happiness for me, just has a similar delicate beauty to it. I’d read that it was about her brother right? Where did wiki lead you to?

1 Like

4 Likes

Definitely hear the comparisons to Not Even Happiness. Whilst having different styles in songwriting they share that that tranquility and space in the music.

yeah, dedicated to her brother apparently. Last Night takes lyrics from Rumi, a persian poet supposedly very famous in eastern literature but a totally new area for me. So got lost in a wormhole of related articles! A further reminder to watch that Art of Persia series before it disappears from iplayer.

1 Like

Exactly this! And I feel that will lead to it being endlessly enjoyable and have a lot of repeat listens.

Ooo have no idea about this connection so will give that a watch too. Cheers for the heads up!

2 Likes

Ha! Reads back like an instruction to watch it, rather than a reminder for myself… but yeah have heard it’s very interesting so definitely worth a look.

Wow! I hadn’t heard of this, but Not Even Happiness was in my top 5 a few years back and this is absolutely beautiful. Thanks!

1 Like

1 Like

Got a free trial of Apple Music so listened to Divers for the first time

2 Likes

1 Like

Finally gave my first listen to Year of the Horse - holy shit, it’s goooood!

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like