Post your most listened to albums of the last week

nochat
strictlynochat

Saw features films and live performances involving Florist, Nick Cave and The Slits this week so gave a couple of their records a spin. Explored a couple more Drag City albums (Damn For The Recently Found Innocent is so good!). Also @Icarus-Smicarus I finally gave Reformation Post TLC a listen which I’d been putting off after mostly hearing bad things but upon actually giving it a chance, I felt there were some decent tracks on it with Reformation, Fall Sound and the Elena sung The Wright Stuff being the particular standouts for me. There were a couple of other alright tracks but I think most of the record just felt under baked.

aye there’s a couple of great tunes but most of it sounds half baked, plus the production/mixing is quite bad/weird and a lot of the performances sound flat. shame as they seemed like a decent live unit at the time. Presley did say in that interview that they had 2 days to write most of it, which shows a bit. i think i read they’d already been playing tracks like Reformation, Fall Sound and Systematic Abuse live for a bit so makes sense that they’re the clear standouts (i like Elena but always found The Wright Stuff a bit shit tbh). My Door Is Never is quite fun in that Glastonbury set but dull on the album.

also Over Over seems to be basically an uncredited cover of this, which took me by surprise hearing it in a record shop one day:

agreed that For The Recently Found Innocent is a great album!

Yeah I saw that they only spent a couple of days on it so I think that softened my view on it overall. Aha fair about the The Wright Stuff, something about Elena deadpan delivery remind me of Cate Le Bon for some reason :sweat_smile:

Gave Presley’s most recent record The Wink a listen this morning and you won’t be surprised to hear that it didn’t disappoint!

i enjoy her on I’ve Been Duped but not so much that one!

i have The Wink bookmarked but not listened yet, I didn’t know about it until i noticed it in the Drag City playlist. similar to White Fence or a bit different? i was wondering why it’d been such a long time since the last White Fence record

Perhaps he’s dropped the White Fence moniker?

I would say The Wink is closer in sound to the DRINKS record which I guess isn’t too surprising as Cate Le Bon produced it but I think you’ll prefer it to that album…

What are the albums at 2 and 3?

3 is the new A Hawk & A Hacksaw album, Forest Bathing. v good.

2 is the self-titled debut of a great band called Ginnels (though it’s not as strong as their other records). they’re generally somewhere between jangly indie pop and fuzzy GBV stuff.