Post your most listened to albums of the last week

nochat
strictlynochat

Plenty of new discoveries this week through listening to those Bodega, Mattiel, Flasher, GOGGS (can’t believe I hadn’t given this Ty project a listen before!) and Digable Planets records. And gave For Screening Purposes Only a revisit after this weeks sad news, it’s still great.

I know the logo from somewhere but didn’t know it was him until this week. Worth checking out I presume?

Oh aye for sure! It’s like the sludgier, shouty cousin of Slaughterhouse. Ty is only really on the drums and guitar with the occasional backing vocal. It’s a loud twenty five minute burst of rage!

Their Iggy cover is worth checking out too:

Still hooked on that Wild Pink debut and had never heard that Can album before, boy oh boy is it great!

mentioned it in the Low thread but listened to The Great Destroyer for the first time and it’s great. bemused that it seems to get a mixed response.

that Malcolm Middleton live album is great too, there’s a couple of on his bandcamp but this is the pick of them imo

After all the REM chat, have decided to go through the whole back catalogue chronologically. All absolute slammers so far

I listened to that Foxing album quite a lot. probably the first time I’ve listened to an album 3 times in a day in 12 months.

a lot of the other stuff, like N.E.R.D and Stray from the Path and Petrol Girls an Milk Teeth and Dua Lipa is prep for Reading Festival

Mainly lots and lots of Bowie and Thee Oh Sees.

Hey this is fun

Got really into the second Goat album a while back. First one is fun but not as good, just seems to end before it really gets going.

Despite being a massive Replacements / R.E.M. fan I’d never really bothered with Big Star. Trying to fix that now.

New Dirty Projectors is great, probably the first one since Bitte Orca I can really dig.

Poor T-Shirt Weather, gonna have to see if you can still upload missing artwork to last fm.

you can! i’m enough of a sadcase to find myself doing it fairly often.

find myself listening to the third Goat album the most though the second is probably the most consistent yeah. haven’t listened to the first in ages though, been meaning to revisit it lately.

Ditto! Just think they suit a looser, more upbeat sound as oppose to the more melancholic stuff on s/t and Swing Lo.

Oh good - I used to do loads of updates to their database but fell away when they botched that redesign and loads of stuff didn’t work for ages.

Turns out what I thought was the first Goat album is actually the second and what I thought was the second is the third.

To clarify: Requim is the one I really like. Commune is good as well but feels too short.

Have you seen the horror film Double Date? They do the soundtrack and perform in a nightclub scene.

Spent a fair amount of time with both Mitski and Death Cab’s latest this week (both a bit easier to digest than Smote Reserver which is a total BEAST!). Be The Cowboy is highly addictive and is a masterclass in explore new musical avenues but still retaining your initial charm. Thank You For Today is another solid release from Gibbard & co which like their other releases from this decade has a handful of great tracks amongst a couple others that a tad lacklustre. The soundtracks to Annihilation and The Greasy Strangler are both terrific but for very different reasons. And finally I only just got round to giving Self Defense Family a try and they are already rivalling Wild Pink for my favourite recent discovery!