Post your most listened to albums of the last week

nochat
strictlynochat

Had a Gillian Welch binge a few weeks back after seeing a bluegrass band in my local… would love some new music from her please.

Went to see them on Monday hence the Rawlings/Welch binge. Just amazing. One of my favorites to see live and Rawlings is the best guitarist in the world ever™ …imho

Such a solid set and you could tell that they are really enjoying themselves on stage. The set ended with 3 covers, which impressive considering the back catalogues both artists have. One of the gigs of the year for me.

Setlist

Mostly mellow stuff this week to pair up with the autumnal weather creeping in.

largely Okkervil River gig prep

forgot to say i enjoyed the Minami Deutsch album! sounds quite genuinely like it could have come out of Cologne in the 70s

looks like I’ve had issues scobbling on the web version of Spotify.

The album in the middle is another album by Art Tatum whom was the perfect soundtrack to focusing on some work this week. Ab-Soul and Loyle Carner was recommendations from a work colleague, both of which were great. Been watching a fair bit of Fuck That’s Delicious recently and find Action utterly hilarious / endlessly watchable / listenable.

Deezer and lastfm are having words atm so can’t post shit. Been listening to a lot of Fucked Up and R.E.M. recently

Quite a bit of Beach House after seeing them last weekend. Picked up tickets for upcoming Neneh Cherry & Sharon Van Etten gigs, so delving back into their catalogs.
The new Neneh Cherry album is stunning, AOTM for me. Beautiful Four Tet production.
That Adrienne Lenker album get better on every listen, really beautiful stuff.
Enjoyed revisiting Murmur this week off the back of the REM thread.

Found Real Emotional Trash in Oxfam last weekend - delighted to find it’s the Jicks album with Janet Weiss on drums.

Still hooked on the recent Bobbie Gentry box set (The Girl From Chickasaw County) - all her studio albums and much more.

I listened a lot to Metric’s new album Art of Doubt.

Rediscovered my love for These New Puritans and The Avalanches. Like the new Julia Holter and Open Eagle Mike releases. Psyched about seeing Flasher next week.