Potatoes

carrots - cazzers

1 Like

Marrow - big 'gette
Courgette - marrowling

1 Like

Not a vegetable but mushrooms = shrooms ?

1 Like

Irish guy who did some plastering at my house said “yeah you’ve got quite a bit of storage in this kitchen but where’s your potato cupboards?”

@Icarus-Smicarus

5 Likes

i was back at my parents’ last weekend with the whole family and there was a lengthy discussion at dinner over how good the potatoes were, where they were bought, how this is the best time of year for them as they’re fresh out of the ground.

genuinely a very common dinner time conversation topic at home.

2 Likes

also my dad got given a book about the potato famine for Christmas a couple of years ago and was reading it at the table during Christmas dinner, reading out facts about what counties suffered the most deaths while we ate.

3 Likes

One of my favourite snacks - boil some baby potatoes until they’re properly soft, crush 'em on a plate, drizzle a bit of good-quality olive oil on, sprinkle of ground black pepper, break up about half a mozzarella ball, bit of fresh basil. Perfick. No tory replies, please.

2 Likes

Privatise the NHS

1 Like

No option for pommes duchesse? Dauphinoise are better anyway, wish there was a late night stall that just did trays of them. Best drunk food.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about latkes all day.

My man.

I like to boil some regular potatoes, fry up some garlic and saffron in a quantity of good olive oil, then pour it on the spuds with a little bit of their water at the bottom. Plus salt obvs.

:ok_hand:

best meals are when there’s like 2x potato option on the table - e.g. roast potatoes w/ mash. tortilla and fries.

1 Like

Any love for parmentier?

1 Like

literally who the fuck are these millennials rejecting potatoes

I’m a millennial and I’m just as much being crushed by the heartless unmanned insane threshing machine of late capitalist ideology as any of my generational peers (I reckon m9) but I bloody love taters

BOIL EM MASH EM STICK EM IN A STEW

had to google this, and this guy showed up. looks like a dude who knows his spuds, tbh.

imagine having a potato dish named after you. I don’t think any achievement could top that.

3 Likes

King Edward, M. Parmentier, mr chips… all great

3 Likes

You can’t beat a bit of colcannon, tbh, tbf. I like it on its own, but with a slow-cooked sausage casserole, fucking hell, GET IN MA BELLEH.

1 Like

Recently moved to a mashed potato model whereby I don’t use milk or butter to mash with. Just a generous dollop of good quality olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper. It’s the way forward for sure (appreciate many of you probably already do this)

Think you’ve mistakenly posted something from the filth thread

Sounds like an ideal recipe for an olive oil mash. Not so good if you want a buttery mash though.