Potatoes

HASSELBACK

1 Like

Never had 'em.

Such a pain in the arse though aren’t they. Peeling and chopping the pricks does my head in.

I’m going to disgrace the thread here by talking about a non potato based thing but it’s too boring for anywhere else.

Yesterday I had a vegan platter at a meeting, it was pretty great actually, the star being a butternut squash kebab, it was just squash covered in a very garlicky gremolata. There was plenty leftover and all the carnivores got on it and loved it and made a point of saying how much they liked the sweet potato and pesto.

It was then, as I acknowledged my furious internal snob, I knew I was never destined to spend time around other humans.

1 Like

POTATO SCONE

8 Likes

When my mum met me at the airport when I came home from Australia she had a can of coke and a packet of potato cakes as a welcome home. The only time she’s ever understood me.

5 Likes

mug’s game

2 Likes

Jimmy Floyd Hasselback
Poland’s Catty Mash

Any others?

Wild opinion. Absolutely wild.

1 Like

it’s good, but is it worth the time?

often no

Also, enjoyed finding out that Parmentier potatoes are named after the bloke who was basically head of the Spud Marketing Board in France during the 18th century.

1 Like

Boiled: needs skin
Jacket: crispy skin is a main part of the appeal
Roast: see above
Chips: skin-on is best
Wedges: duh, SKIN
Mash: fuck it, just extra texture dude. Rustic as shit

never peeling a veg again in my life

4 Likes

10/10 food.

1 Like

Francesco Totties

1 Like

mash is the best imo

2 Likes

Peeler

(Correct)
    (Masochist option)
  • Use a knife and waste half the potato
0 voters

Dauphinois is amazing when done well but every time i buy some to stick in the oven the potatoes are still hard even if i’ve left them in the oven twice as long as the label says

what’s all that about

2 Likes

can I get a hell yeah for patatas bravas thank you kindly

9 Likes

We’re on completely different pages about this. I don’t see a way we can reconcile our respective opinions on the matter but I wish you all the best nonetheless.

what have potato skins done to so deeply offend you good sir