Potential spin-off music board

Man alive that’s a bad review. The kind that makes you want to avoid the album and hope you never meet anyone who likes it. Real shame as it’s a dead good album.

2 Likes

Genuinely can’t believe that review isn’t a parody, absolutely incredible.

1 Like

I think start doing it on the main forums and if there’s enough submissions, we broaden it out.

From personal experience, writing to spark replies and writing with ability for people to instantly respond, really changed the mindset of writing as one to many knowledge share to one to one communication. It can often produce much better writing but it can also make some people really conservative if you don’t have the confidence to write where anyone can respond.

I think the idea of user-generated editorial on a platform once known for having an authoritative editorial voice could be a bit confusing to formalise too much - not least because it may cause me issues if someone decides to write something slagging off artists I work with and having to explain to the acts I didn’t commission it.

Generally, I don’t have any issue with it and would encourage people to use their voice and this platform to express yourself as much or as little as you like, in whatever formats and forms you like.

Tbh, I’m often more surprised people don’t start conversations around pieces they’ve written elsewhere to drive clicks and find an audience.

Yeah this is a good point. There would need to be a slightly keener eye on moderating content posted I guess, especially if it widens out into other topics.

Let’s review in 3 months and see where we’re at

1 Like

Might try and put forward an initiative to encourage longer-form writing within the existing music board first then and see where we get to.

1 Like