Predator (the movie)

1 Like

never seen it

have seen the Adiren Brody one though

He wrote Lethal Weapon on set basically! Which rather sets him apart from what all the other guys were doing!

cool. What were the other guys doing? Arm wrestling and bench pressing I assume?

Watched it last year, wasnt as good as i remembered. Takes fucking ages for predator to show up.

This is interesting (if you didn’t know already)

I think it had a fairly well-documented atmosphere of rivalry and one-upmanship, and Sonny Landham had to be separated entirely from everyone else because he was batshit crazy!

2 Likes

Yeah, weren’t half the cast working out on their own in the early hours of the morning, but doing it in secret so that it looked like they weren’t?

Yeah, basically a machismo overload! Pretty sure they did stuff to sabotage each other as well.

The Wikipedia page is kind of a goldmine. The making of is pretty hilarious as well :grinning:

1 Like

The making-of’s great! Just adds to the film’s preposterous allure!

I love that era of movies, say 60s to mid-90s, where budgets were blown, deadlines extended, coke and ego just pumping everything up to 1000. Some amazing stories from it all.

1 Like

Seeing as @colossalhorse has already mentioned the ancient Austrian folk tales of Arnocorps, here’s Allo Darlin’ side project Mustache of Insanity:\

I watched Predator last night
It was better than alright
Yeah it was awesome
So fucking awesome

Just wanted to say that in Brisbane, there’s a free boat service that goes up and down the river in the centre called the CityHopper and whenever I see someone running to catch it, I always say “GET TO THA HOPPA” and people always laugh (if there are people there, I say it even if I’m alone for the benefit of strangers)

6 Likes

People who haven’t seen Predator* : Dead to me.
People who have decided Predator isn’t that good on reevaluation: Deader to me than they already were**

*who were previously aware of this film and enjoy this sort of movie, etc.

**hard to imagine Eric @ericthefourth the Fourth disappointing me any further in terms of cinema but there you go.

2 Likes

Sorry theo!

1 Like

This is spectacular