Preorder: new album of The Eye of Time

Hey.

We’re pleased to present you the new album of The Eye Of Time. It’s the second part of a trilogy of releases about the path that humanity takes over the ages. A multi-layered tapestry of experimental sound, ‘Myth II : A Need To Survive’ merges darkness and hope via minimalist beats and stark bass. The cover artworks of the ‘Myth’ album trilogy display pictures by Emin Özmen, a winner of the world press photo award.

PRE-ORDER
den303 | RDTK (R. Donoso & T. Kochenborger) · Human Resources Cd | 12’’ | Digital
den306 | The Eye Of Time - MYTH II : A Need to Survive Cd | 12’’ | Digital

OUT NOW
den296 | Prairie · After the Flash Flood Cd | 12’’ | Digital
den297 | Birds of Passage · The Death Of Our Invention Cd | 12’’ | Digital
den298 | Michael Vallera · All Perfect Days Cd | 12’’ | Digital
den299 | Nadia Struiwigh · WHRRu Cd | 2x12’’ | Digital
den300 | Terminal Sound System · The Endless Sea Cd | 12’’ | Digital
den301 | Sankt Otten · Zwischen Demut und Disco Cd | 2x12’’ | Digital
den302 | Fogh Depot · Turmalinturm [Remixes] 12’’ | Digital

DENOVALI ONLINE RECORD STORE · NEWS
The latest update includes new records of Dirty Projectors, Kreng, Raime, Mark Fell, Kamasi Washington, Varg, Jonny Greenwood, Varg, Robert Lippok, Martyn, Oiseaux-Tempête, Johnny Jewel, Leon Vynehall, Rauelsson, Driftmachine, Abul Mogard, The Body, Her Name Is Calla, Restocks of Aphex Twin, Ian William Craig, Mammal Hands, Jasss, Reissues of Earth, Steve Reich, Miles Davis, Charles Mingus, Klaus Schulze, Wolf Eyes, Peter Brötzmann, Wire, Yo La Tengo, Gang Gang Dance, Ulver & more · you can find the full list on the landing page of the denovali online record store.

Thanks a lot.
Denovali

THE EYE OF TIME · MYTH II : A NEED TO SURVIVE CD | 12’’ | DIGITAL

Myth is a word with ambiguous meanings in the dictionary, but all these lead to the same conclusion. We could decide to see things on the bright side, or to a have a more dramatical (in the literal sense) look on it. Like if one species is looking at another, and in a different era. Myth is a feedback to the tragical events of our time, to what people have to endure nowadays in order to survive, as well as the refugees travels, and the resistance against capitalism that is growing all over the world. Myth is also a particular way to see things, to take sides with history. When we talk about ancient political activists and revolutionaries, resistances to the established order, we make the choice to transform it into a myth, a history full of heroes. But the past is the present. And our present will be the past again. It is on us to take action in order to avoid our inevitable end.

On ‘Myth II : A Need To Survive’, Marc adds, “The period between the release of the first two records of this trilogy is a most significant one in my life. ‘A Need To Survive’ is the perfect title to name it. I have fought darkness. I have faced myself. I’ve been into the deepest introspection ever, but I’m on my way to recover, and I will never be the same again. I guess I have faced the worst but most important period that everybody will face in his life. To know yourself better, to see the bad and the good things you’re capable of.

His extensive self-titled debut album was released in spring 2012 and exposed a dark look on the present, past and future. His last albums were promising a glimpse of hope (‘Acoustic’) or pitch-black despair (‘Anti’). ‘Myth I : A Last Dance For The Things We Love’, released in 2016, dealt with introspection, impregnated with minimalistic moments, where piano and cello write the story of loneliness and calm, accompanied by both grim and hopeful melodies. The cover artworks of the ‘Myth’ album trilogy display pictures by Emin Özmen, a winner of the world press photo award. His work is focused on the situation in Kurdistan, Syria, Turkey and the “refugees”. His work has been published by Time magazine, The New York Times, BBC, Guardian, among others.

“A broad sound… gorgeous individual threads.” (The Quietus)
"A musician who can make his music do whatever he needs it to do.” (Pop Matters)

· Facebook: Marc Euvrie / The eye of time
· Listen: THE EYE OF TIME - ACOUSTIC II [CD|LP|DIGITAL]
· Download: Denovali Digital Store - Digital Store for Denovali Records Releases

Vinyl
· thick sleeves + thick printed inner sleeves + 180g vinyl
· limited edition: 150 x clear vinyl
· download code
· price: 18.00 Euro

Cd
· digipak packaging
· price: 13.00 Euro

DENOVALI WORLD WIDE WEB

www.denovali.com

www.denovali.com/booking
www.denovali.com/festival