Pretentious things you used to do

Had a trench coat and a duster!

I had a leather coat which I thought made me look really cool like Marwood from Withnail and I, but which actually made me look quite a lot like a Peter Buck impersonator

4 Likes

There was a leather trench coat in the cupboard when I was a kid, it was my dads but I’m not sure he ever wore it

Anyway as a teen I came perilously close to wearing it out, it was too big for me as well. Consequences would have been dire if I’d actually done it

1 Like

I’m still extremely pretentious, living in my own fantasy world with port sippers listening to shipping forecasts

3 Likes

If you did that, I’m guessing the one you should have learned is This Be The Verse.

Some of these posts are great, but apart from @hankscorpio I’m still waiting for more things as great as “Tymm”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think I fall into this catagory as well! I think back to the stories I would come up with for imaginary films etc as a teenager and chuckle…but actually I still do the same. Happyish in in my fantasy world though. Have never changed my name spelling to Tymm, but now considering it.

2 Likes

Named my child after the shipping forecast :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

Little South Utsire, very cute name.

7 Likes

Actually, Fastnet is a pretty badass name for a child.

4 Likes

Especially if they were into fishing.

Bit needy in that case.

1 Like

Can’t think of anything specific, but pretty sure that my whole vibe from 18-22 was pretty pretentiously intellectual. Proper “have you seen the Japanese art-house film it’s based on?” shit.

Still perfectly happy to imbibe arty things now, but less keen for every person I meet to appreciate that doing so definitely makes me a very intellectual and high quality person.

Yeah i think i can still be pretentious in some ways but now I’m very ok with saying “i dont know who/what that is/means, i just like it”.

How is young Shippy doing these days?