Primavera 2017

Think I´m going to try and go next year. Most of the people I know that usually go are outside of my usual crowd but it looks so much fun.

They have tweeted their unexpected message again today, so any ideas or rumours on who it is?

Where’s the tweet. I been told who it is but have to keep schtum. I might pop down but I think Preoccupations will be better. Unless this is about some other secret

Can you give us a clue please?

1 Like

It’s Haim

Ahahaha! Seriously? Legit one of the worst bands I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Innit

Such a shame what happened to RTJ, think they owned it pretty well though

1 Like

Yeah. I thought the sound in general was a lot more shoddy down that end yesterday. The delay stacks didn’t even seem to be on

Yeah they styled it out (dance off was great) but it was just at the moment when they’d started to gigantically cook with gas. Made for a great cheer when they got back on the mic but you don’t wanna hear just one half of Blockbuster Night!

1 Like

Same happened with Tame Impala on that stage last year - lasted a lot longer too.

As has been said above, though Run the Jewels dealt with it pretty well and the set as a whole was excellent. Didn’t seem to lose much of the crowd as a result either.

Can anyone else confirm that he Heineken stage was a lot louder yesterday than day before? Caught the last 5-6 songs of the XX last night and it seemed to be way louder and clearer than Bon Iver the night before (which I left after 6-7 songs cause the sound was shite)

Other way round for me, but maybe that means wind is involved.

1 Like

Interesting. Tonight Grace Jones sounded crystal clear (and magnificent) from the front. Arcade Fire sounds a bit ropey. Probably a combination of distance and wind

1 Like

Might be the Heinekens/Desperados talking but Arcade Fire really have an unimpeachable back catalogue as far as 21st-century rock bands go, don’t they?

New track sounds like a certified banger live :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Just in there. Fucking Hell, Sleep were amazing. Angel Olsen too. I don’t think I saw a bad band today, even if Jennifer from Royal Trux was worryingly pissed on stage.

Sleep - Against Me! - Japandroids - Mannequin Pussy was a fucking amazing run.

What a day yesterday was, only one real blooper in an incredible run:

Priests 7/10

Bike 7.5/10

Angel Olson 9/10

Metronomy 8/10

Grace Jones 10/10

Arcade Fire 9/10

Japandroids: 8.5/10

Preoccupations were the only real disappointment - sounded like a bad parody of the band I saw two years ago at the Sala Apolo. Left after 4 songs and went back to the end of Japandroids

Are you having me on? Preoccupations were ludicrously good. They went fifteen minutes past their curfew and still didn’t stop playing even when they turned the main speakers off. One of the best performances I’ve seen all weekend.

1 Like

Agree to disagree I guess. Might have been where I was standing but there was no bass, the guys vocals were much more raspy than on record (not in a good way).

Maybe it improved after I left, but having seen them back in 2015 and as someone who adores both albums, I really wasn’t impressed. Glad you had a good time though :slight_smile:

Angel Olsen was terrifyingly good. That voice!