Primavera 2017

Cheers.
I’m not feeling massively thrilled with the lineup if I’m honest, I’d like the whole top row dropped from Porto.

Thankfully not that arsed.

However, massively arsed about BSS, Aphex Twin, RTJ, Japandroids, Tycho, John Talabot and Weval. If they’re at Porto then YES PLEASE.

I would imagine so, their last album was three years ago.

Wasn’t really into last year’s Porto lineup so didn’t bother with it, hope a better selection crosses over this year.

Not that amazing really, hopefully they announce Porto soon. I’ve done Barcelona a couple of times now but feel like Porto might be a nice change.

Personally very happy with the line-up. 38 acts I would go and see on first count. I imagine people are feeling a little underwhelmed as pretty much everyone has seen Arcade Fire or The XX so they’re not that exciting as headliners.

3 Likes

Hmm, wonder how long until we know the day line ups. Although most of what I would like to see on that line up I will have seen this year or early part of next year.
It’s not exceptional is it ?

Ticket bought. Phone nearly exploded this morning from all the notifications. At least six of my mates bought tickets this morning as well.

Not as gutted that I can’t make it as I was last year, obv some great acts though.

does anyone know if they have sunday gigs in porto like they do in Barca? I’ll be in porto on the sunday so might be able to see shellac or summat

From my (admittedly shit) memory: nope, they don’t.

I did go straight from the festival site to the airport late year though so who knows.

:heart_eyes: never disappoints

ah well, only there two days so probably won’t be able to fit it in with all the port drinking

They did that only in the first year. Jeff Mangum in the afternoon at the Casa Da Musica, and then a bunch of bands late at night in a club in the centre.

Never again.

My flight is not until 6:50 PM on Sunday evening, so we can fit in a bottle or two.

Really great line up once again. Going to wait to see what Porto gets this year and make a decision from there.

2 Likes

Gabi said 10-15 days from now

1 Like

I’m in Porto on the Sunday for drinks

1 Like

think that’s a pretty good line up, quite tempted

Abdulla Rashim, Aurora Halal, Gas, Front 242, Magnetic Fields, etc. etc.

1 Like

Decent line up but pleased on a personal level it wasn’t better as I can’t make it for sure…Arcade Fire are strong headliners although their albums have moved gradually down from the sublime to the average so not high hopes for the new one. Would like to have seen for the first time Van Morrison, Angel Olsen, Afghan Whigs, Gas and The Zombies playing Odyssey & Oracle. Grandaddy and TFC are personal faves but very sated with the recent TFC gig and chance encounter with Gerald Love in Brighton… and looking forward to Grandaddy gig next year. Broken Social Scene were very good in their early years but not sure what they’d be like now…the latter material plateaud a bit though Brendan Canning’s solo work is strong. Aphex Twin too is a coup.
But overall this line up on a personal level is the weakest i’ve seen in a decade.

…oh and the XX is another I’m yet to tick off and one of the many bands who I wouldn’t per se fork out for a gig ticket for but would be very happy to see in the festival environment…despite my personal semi-ambivalence I can definitely understand why people will be pleased with this line up and Primavera does remain one of the festival benchmarks I think