Primavera 2017

I saw BSS at EOTR festival and they were incredible.

1 Like

Pretty pleased with the line up. Not amazing, but more than enough to make it another cracking weekend. It’s inevitable, having done quite a few Primaveras now, that repeats are common.

Very excited about Broken Social Scene, Van the Man, Japandroids (hopefully means another Brighton gig as well) and a few others, not too fussed about the headliners (although contrary to popular opinion I loved Arcade Fire when they last played), but that’s perfect as it means I can avoid the main stages. The bellend contingent is going to be as high this year as last year, I suspect, with The XX and Bon Iver. Would love to see XX properly (wouldn’t bother with regular gig prices now) but they aren’t a great festival band as they require attention and you can guarantee a lot of idiots shouting and taking selfies all over the place at Primavera nowadays.

A few old Prima favourites I’m surprised not too see there - Low, Spiritualized, Flaming Lips, Yo La Tengo (although don’t know if they’re touring next year). At least Shellac will be back.

Cool gah at Ghe Magnetic Field are there - always thought it was an inevitability some day as the auditorium makes it the only festival Merritt would consider.

Very surprised that The Flaming Lips aren’t there. They are touring next year and have a new album coming out. A pity but I’ll see them elsewhere I suppose.

Bought my ticket just there. Lineup definitely has loads on it I’m interested in. Love the festival too, been once before in 2014 and heading with some of the same mates again.

1 Like

We get in at 4 I reckon so could have one at the airport?

1 Like

glad to hear…what year was that?

This year. Wasn’t at all sure if they’d still have the spark, but it was by far and away the best BSS performance I’ve seen (and I saw them quite a lot between 2006-2010)

This year, I didn’t expect much but they were tight and full of energy. Clearly enjoying themselves

oh right…didn’t realise/forgot they were on this year’s bill. That’s great to hear anyway - remember some properly exciting gigs around the time of You Forgot it in people and Broken Social Scene…

Daily line up is out: Primavera Sound Barcelona

Do you think they’ll announce other headliners?
I think so because:

1. the classic videoclip on Youtube with the lineup is still missing:
  1. the total number of bands and artists is bigger than the number in the past lineups but the number of headliners is the same of the last one.

3)how can they justify the change of price in january without any new name?

It’s possible. I don’t think the Coachella line up has been released yet and it’s possible some names are embargoed until then. It’s strange as the Coachella line up normally comes first, then the embargoes on the reunions and shit are lifted and everyone goes ahead.

1 Like

There is a video, a very basic one but I think they just went with a simple approach this year, I don’t think they’ll announce enough additional acts to warrant a whole new video.

There won’t be another “headliner”, the increase in acts is likely down to the expansion of the beach club. I do think there will be another addition or two though, Gabi said there would be some “old school” rappers for one and there’s nothing close to that at the moment so I think ATCQ will be added once they announce dates/coachella.

This is a good point and the reason I think the lineup was released so early - none of the headliners having strong texta Coachella embargo.

Any sign of the Porto line up?

Yeah, could do with that before Barcelona price goes up. I think I’ve been to Barcelona enough now, and while the lineup is fine, theres not one thing on it that makes me think its a must.

One addiction or two addictions, it’s what I was thinking about, more or less
I hope they’ll be Grizzly Bear and Shins/Vampire Weekend…

Porto:

Justice
Aphex Twin
Bon Iver
Skepta
Swans
Shellac
Run The Jewels
Metronomy
Richie Hawtin
Angel Olsen
Japandroids
Elza Soares
King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
Death Grips
Whitney
Hamilton Leithauser
Weyes Blood
Teenage Fanclub
The Growlers
Pond
Grandaddy
Tycho
Black Angels
Bicep
Flying Lotus
Sampha
Sleaford Mods
Against Me!
Royal Trux
Nicolas Jaar
Miguel
Rodrigo Leão & Scott Matthew
Mano Le Tough
Lady Wray
Cigarettes After Sex
Mitski
Jeremy Jay
Julien Baker
Operators
Nikki Lane
Cymbals Eat Guitars
Núria Graham
Wand
First Breath After Coma
Samuel Úria
Evols

4 Likes

Thats good. And a couple of things that Barcelona doesnt get to sweeten the deal. I need to convince folks to do Porto this year I think.

I’m pretty happy with that!
Sad BSS, Sleep and Slayer didn’t make the switch, but it just look like a lot of fun and lots of stuff my wife will enjoy.