Primavera 2019

You can take in 500ml plastic bottles no problem. I had lids taken off me on the last two days after very invasive searches. I just got unlucky with the security guard. Vodka is finlandia I think.

1 Like

Any Southern Comfort - my drink of choice but apparently persona-non-grata in most continental cities?

Didnā€™t get searched once on my way in. Got a disinterested pat down usually, one day I followed someone with a backpack and got waved through while the backpack got searched.

Thinking of doing Porto next year (Iā€™ve done and loved Barcelona in 2011 and 2016), does anyone know if NOS has a slightly discounted early bird offer too? Canā€™t see one online yet. Also to those that have been to both, other than the scale, what are your thoughts of the site on Parque da Cidade, and the sound etc?

They definitely do an early bird, not sure if its straight after the festival or a bit later.

I much prefer the Porto site - its on grass, the two main stages are next to each other (though if I gather correctly they added a new stage this year) and sound was never an issue. Its a ā‚¬10 taxi from the centre and food etc options were very good for a festival.

Only thing I didnā€™t like about it was the new VIP type bar they introduced last year which took up a massive part of the main arena and the criminal lack of toilets. They appeared to have reduced the bars last year too but someone who went this year might be able to update on that.

1 Like

Thanks so much, Iā€™ve had a look at the map (Primavera Sound Porto) and it looks like there were five stages this year. Toilets sounds like an issue but hopefully theyā€™ve fixed that. If we were to go Iā€™d definitely want to get tickets before 29th March!

I went to Porto this year and cannot find anything about it that I didnā€™t like, other than the fact that it canā€™t match the Barcelona edition for excitement or for breadth of experience. The site is lovely and no probs with toilets.

Above all big improvement this year with the additional stage this year - much more variety.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobertSmith/status/1043151378464550912

Having missed their recent gigs Iā€™d love it if they appeared at Prima!

30th anniversary of a certain album tooā€¦

1 Like

I like this thinking!

I hope I can get to Barcelona next year. I assume theyā€™ll sort out a deal with flights. Was going to book a train but apparently Eurostar could be affected by Brexit too :frowning: Guess Iā€™ll have to wait and see what happens.

They played in 2013. Theee bloody hours.

Actually, think it was 2012.

:sleeping:

Saw them at Bestival in 2011, was great but felt like all the live Cure I will ever need in my life.

1 Like

Could any of the #pros recommend me when the best (cheapest) time to book a flight from LDN to Barcelona is? As in how far in advance

As soon as possible. Iā€™m holding off for now though because Brexshit.

1 Like

Flights have been hovering around Ā£200 (Thurs to Sun) since mid-September.

Flying back on the Monday is always cheaper due to half term - plus the Sunday show at the Apollo is always ace if you can get in.

Any Porto-going Primaverans might want to try to get flights / accommodation sorted soon if you can. Turns out The Euro Nations League finals are being held in Porto on the same week/end as the festival. Seeing as how yer Eng-er-land have just qualified, I can see the town being a bit more #itscominghome than usual, and flight prices going through the roof.

Dah, fuck.