Primavera 2020

Information on Porto will follow. They have taken tickets off sale for now.

Official statement from my Dice email:

A message from Primavera Sound:

There are things that only happen once in a lifetime. The current global COVID-19 health crisis is, unfortunately, one of them. But it won’t be the only one. The spirit of solidarity and collective response of society in the face of this emergency will live on for a long time, and will allow us to embrace exceptional situations and overcome the challenge… and to literally embrace each other once it is over.

Faced with this constantly changing scenario, the restrictions imposed by the authorities on the celebration of public shows and on the free movement of people (making the participation of the announced artists difficult and in many cases impossible) and in coordination with the Generalitat de Catalunya, the Barcelona City Council and the Sant Adrià de Besòs City Council, we are forced to postpone the upcoming edition of Primavera Sound Barcelona for reasons of force majeure known to us all. Our absolute priority has always been to guarantee the safety of our audience, artists and all the people involved in the festival.

For this reason, given the exceptional nature of the situation in which we find ourselves, Primavera Sound Barcelona 2020 will take place from 26th to 30th August. We feel obliged and responsible to contribute insofar as we can to the survival of the live music scene, whose role will be key to the return to normality after this absolutely unprecedented situation that has never been faced before by the cultural sector and all its agents: artists and their teams, agencies, promoters, venues, festivals, stage builders, technical and production teams, bar staff, cleaning and security staff, and in general the thousands of people involved in the sector. We thank all of them for their perseverance and contribution. On our side, and with the indispensable support of all of the festival sponsors, we will make every effort to ensure that this change, imposed as a result of the current global health crisis, affects the festival’s programme as little as possible.

The tickets already purchased for Primavera Sound Barcelona 2020 will continue to be valid for the new dates. Once the state of alarm decreed by the Government of Spain is over as well its possible extensions, we will give you more information and will reactivate the ticket sales. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding in the face of this unprecedented situation.

Let’s all face this together. We will get through this together. And we will celebrate our 20th anniversary together. We are waiting for you in the Parc del Fòrum in Barcelona at the end of August. Primavera in summer, for once in a lifetime.

End of May is summer lads, wind it in.

2 Likes

*not going to take a punt on a festival that’s not going to happen

Glad the info I got off eFestivals was correct. I have a hotel booked for the main 3 days near the festival site and will consider booking hotels for a day either side (cancellable) once they confirm the extra programme. Not booking flights yet either. Have my ticket already.

Not going to book anything or get my hopes up, but nice to know this is a possibility. The thought of having an August Primavera to look forward after all this is comforting.

Primavera have too much pride and Arrogance to let their “20th Birthday” to be foiled. Even if it’ll goes ahead, It will be at something like Poble Espanyol or something
It’ll be like the early days before the Brits started piling in because of the ATP stage in 2007.

Mine (Vueling) are saying I can move them for free but then whacking a great big €110 service fee on at the confirmation page.

Assuming this actually goes ahead the lineup is surely going to be drastically different? A lot of bands will have built this into pre-existing tour schedules. If Primavera’s the only thing still on then it won’t make financial sense for most of the American bands.

Same weekend as Leeds fest and end of the road

Wonder if they’ll give refunds

Weekend before EOTR, which is a week later this year.

Doesn’t say they will be refunded… :confused:

Can imagine a bunch of bands from both those festivals being brought on board. Does seem an absolute logistical ballache to rearrange this, especially for something with such a high chance of not going ahead.

1 Like

They mention ‘force majeure’ in that statement, I’ve just noticed.

Does that mean they could have legitimately cancelled it (because that was the thing everyone was waiting for – the nod from the government to trigger insurance etc), rather than postponing it? Because that seems like a combination of reckless, greedy and stupid if so.

Wow. That’s insane. Maybe contact them to see what their policy for where flights have been cancelled outright is? And just too see if you can wrangle your way out of the fee. Might (giving shite low cost airlines too much credit here) be an automatic fee they normally charge that they’re willing to waiver right now?

I wouldn’t read to much info that.
It’s just means for reasons beyond our control in this context.

Expedia say they can’t so anything unless flight is before end of April. Vueling say “In order to offer more flexibility, we’ve removed the flight change fee from all bookings made between 10 and 23 March 2020 (only the fare difference will be paid if applicable).”

I bought my flights in February.

Free to change flights on easyJet but then an extra £110 to change to the dates I want to. Great stuff

What a shower of bastards. Hope it works out for you mate :crossed_fingers:

1 Like