Princes tuna is absolute muck

The sunflower oil from a tuna tin is a good salad dressing base

1 Like

Yeah makes sense

I keep the oil, mix it up with the tuna, some boiled veg and savoury rice. Lovely stuff.

Good argument for brine then

Salty water

4 Likes

I’m a spring water man

1 Like

I’m still in my pants Aggers, I won’t argue

don’t you put salt on your plain water tuna anyway? go brine and cut out the middle man

if anyone from princes is reading this and want to use that as an advertising slogan please PM me

5 Likes

Like brine more now I’ve realised it’s just salty water and not some weird solution produced by draining your dad’s sock

1 Like

… no. Cajan spice mix works well though.

Water always, I want to control my own salt and oil levels thank you very much.

1 Like

Here’s a brine-related anecdote for you: you use it in chemistry labs for some stuff (principally extracting water out of organic solvents) and obviously we made it by dissolving salt in water.

I went on industrial placement to a big pharma company and they bought it in for £25 per (small) bottle. Ludicrous.

Look, I didn’t say it was a good brine-related anecdote. No refunds.

3 Likes

Well, that’s 30 seconds of my time I’ll never get back.

2 Likes

Does anyone else keep thinking it says Princess in the thread title and assume that a young ladies honour is being besmerched a little?

2 Likes

Here’s a bonus anecdote from that period of my life: my landlady asked me to sign a petition against opening a(nother) nude beach nearby because “we think Gary Glitter lives near there now.”

Kent, man. Kent.

4 Likes

@epimer is there a difference between brine and saline and if so what is it?

NO REFUNDS

1 Like

I guess in usage a bit… “brine” is more commonly used to mean “sea water” which would have different salts in it to saline, which is more commonly used to mean a more controlled NaCl aqueous solution.

But I dunno really, I’m not a brine expert. Not any more.

3 Likes

my expectations were really really low, and still…

1 Like

That’s how I get you.

1 Like