Prisons are a bit fucked then huh

do you reckon they’ll increase funding or do you reckon things will continue to get worse untill there’s a riot/an officer gets killed?

will never happen, obviously …

1 Like

It was privatised in 2014, when the government was aiming to cut £500m from the prisons budget.

Bloody Cameron.

1 Like

i thought spice was like a synthetic weed subsitute, like a legal high?

1 Like

Privatisation, innit. They’ve been on the slide for the past 5 years or so, that’s why my dad binned it off for early retirement.

binned in the life of crime cos he didn’t want to end up in an underfunded shithole like that? understandable.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you do the same after they stopped giving out playstations to every inmate?

Most Evil[poll max=50]

• Sodexo
  • G4S
  • Capita
    [/poll]

Our government will do their best to respond. Oh no wait, they’ll just play to the Telegraph crowd of course

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/830908862135943172

it was a legal high but those were done away with by a stupid piece of legislation. Apparently spice ws really fucking awful. Like it was actually what the propaganda in the 1950s said weed was.

ahh, figures. had mates who liked it and mixed it with their weed.

but prison is like ‘holiday camp’?

was until Cameron sorted it out mate!

1 Like

spice was fucking horrendous, no idea how anyone could enjoy it

Silly concept tbh

prisons or spice?

Both I suppose

spice: horrendous

prison: serves a purpose

you don’t think anyone at all should be locked up? i’m all for treating people well, providing education.

you reckon we should just get rid

Eventually, it’s not like we’d remove prisons first then fix society later, but ultimately they’re putting the cart before the horse. I appreciate there are a tiny amount of very damaged folk that need to be removed from the populace for everybody’s safety too but I don’t think locking them away forever serves any purpose either.

what would you have in place of prisons?