Private Schools

Produce so many well-connected over-confident mediocrities.

EDIT : wasn’t referring to 29 or Dr Eps here obviously.

sigh - OR FKA Adam

1 Like

Hogwarts tho

1 Like

NONSENSE BOY. PUTS HAIRS ON YOUR CHEST, THE BUGGERATION DOES HAHA

2 Likes

can’t believe you beat bamnan to this although there’s still ‘words’ left on the table

4 Likes

Exactly. Look who created that, hmmmmm

Not just grammar schools but the way catchment areas for schools are drawn up

Brighton puts on a good show of being a liberal city until you start asking middle class parents to send their kids to school with working class kids. Then they reveal themselves

3 Likes

One day I’ll be known as a great thinker ahead of his time. Except I hope not because fame is immoral

7 Likes

Am… Am I a… Tory?

4 Likes

when i am old, if you go before me i will erect a plinth to you, which will have no statue or nameplate, so no one knows who was there.

“well that’s pointless, surely” they’ll say.

And I will reply “he was right all along”.

who was?

what colour is the thread of your monogram on your hanky?

Get rid.

I went to have a look round one before my son started school, just because I’d never been inside one before - zero intention of sending him there. Was pretty mad. Looked more like a university than a primary school - had a proper lecture theatre thing, and an indoor climbing wall.

Same in London.

3 Likes

exactly.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Burgundy

1 Like

Abolish them, turn the lovely buildings into social housing and the grounds into parks.

Oh yeah, golf courses can become parks too.

And full social ownership of all private/public land (yeah I’m looking at you every major urban development of the last 30 years)

3 Likes

Raze yourself

1 Like

Not until Thursday! :smirk:

1 Like

Via work, I’ve been inside quite a few in the holidays when they rent out the facilities for courses and summer camps and the like when the kids and teachers are gone. One thing that always baffles me is how grim and institutional a lot of the residential facilities are. You’re paying all this huge amount of money for your child to live most of the time in this sad dormitory and institutional bathroom? When you probably have a really nice house if you have that much money?

I guess the whole “institutionalises my child’s mentality” is probably a bonus for the sort of parents that send their 8 year old to boarding school though.

6 Likes

Unfortunately for some of us our personalities get in the way of that

5 Likes