Pro Cycling 2018 - the stage race season begins and Il Giro

Ok, it began a month or so ago in Catalunya then continued with Pays Basque. Anyway, classics are done with now, if you want to chat about them, that’s fine. Quick overview, Quick Step Floors are on drugs and won every one day race in the northern hemisphere or something like that.

So Romandie starts tomorrow. Line up looks boss, Thomas, Porte, Spilak (dark horse, but always goes well here), TVG, Roglic, the Izagirre brothers, Latour, Kruijswijk, Fuglsang, Rui Costa, Dan Martin. The list goes on. Normally a good race, and the weather looks pretty naff so will be interesting to see how it unfurls.

Tour de Yorkshire starts next week yawns. 4 Days of Dunkirk the week after that, expect to see a bunch of lesser known french riders fighting it out on the roads around Calais. Jimmy Engoulvent anybody…

Week after that is the tour of Japesland, sorry, the Tour of California.

But obviously were all really here for the Giro. I’m gonna be on pat leave for a bit of it, can’t wait. Supposedly we’re doing a fantasy league, so get your pun names ready. The Butterfly of Maastricht is defending his pink jersey against the King of Salbutamol and others. The start is still pencilled for Israel. INRNG does a good overview and a decent daily stage breakdown, so worth checking there closer to the beginning of May.

AOB?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Spitinthesoup/status/988655031938404352

@anon50098204 @japes @anon89873996 @allnerve @plasticniki

oh yeah i started the last one and couldn’t get most of them :upside_down_face:

1. Raymond Poulidor

is #1 indurain ?

1. Claudio Chiappucci

No idea mate, but is a good guess

the little x’s are really annoying

1. Greg Lemond

I know.