Pro Cycling 2018 - the stage race season begins and Il Giro

Another bad day for the old froomester, losing time as yates solidifies first with a stage win and chaves moves up to 2nd. Pinot looking pretty decent too. But big tom still lurking well within reach.

2 Likes

Good looking top 10 atm. Reckon Froome will step off soon and focus on France. The TT will be telling. Think Yates and Chaves will lose loads of time.

1 Like

Having watched today’s stage, I’ve some reservations over Yates’ performance

That was quite some scenery on display today :heart_eyes:

1 Like

early days

COME ON SMILING ASSASSIN!!!

2 Likes

2 mins down atm. Should get that back as it’s a relatively flat stage, but yeah, not what you want after a rest day.

:disappointed_relieved:

Getting rumours of soar throat and pollen allergies for Chaves.

Gap now at 5mins. Not looking good. Hang in there wee man!

(could actually do the team good if he loses time and isn’t ‘need to leave the race’ sick, then he can work exclusively for Yates)

1 Like

They’ve called off the chase, so I think he’ll be protecting the blue jersey and working for Yates now.

That’s the beauty of the Giro

8 mins down atm

Might get eliminated.

Good looking GC, nice balance to it. It expect to see Dumoulin and Froome move up after the TT and PInot to be there or there abouts. Yates will lose time, so he’ll be on the attack on the final week.

I bloody love the giro

1 Like

Best celebration ever

2 Likes

They should just make every stage like the one today

Looks like BMC’s future is secure, but a change of both title sponsor and bike supplier. Deloitte is supposedly taking sponsorship and Giant supplying the bikes.

Which ties in with the rumours that Sunweb will be supplied by Cervelo and not Giant.

In other news TJVG actually has a leader’s jersey in a stage race! Won the TT in ToC yesterday. Expect him to lose time and possibly the lead on the stage to lake Tahoe mind. But nice to see him find a level.

Great beans from tao yesterday :muscle:t2::heart:

Update:

Zoncolan tomorrow!!!

2 Likes

I’m working :grimacing:

1 Like