Pro cycling 2019: the thread

But which race, and which year? There are too many prized possessions to choose from

How the hell is big nairo still in green BTW, Sam Bennett’s been in the top 3 in about 6 stages so far? :smiley:

Getting into all the breaks to snaffle up intermediate sprint points in the cross-winds, I assume.

2 Likes

cream always rises

1 Like

The fans on this forum are real cycling geeks - they weren’t upset cos Movistar lost out, but because they hate it when teams ride to defend a podium/top 10.

Not having that. Why would they sit up and do nothing when they had the men to keep Lopez within a distant sniff of first and there are big days left? Everyone expects Valverde and Pogacar to fall away and Nairo can easily go the same way once he’s lacking support uphill, then Lopez is fighting for first, not a top ten.

I think the theory is that a more tired Roglic would have been more vulnerable to attacks by all his rivals, incl. Lopez, if he had been forced to do all the work in the chase.

Hmm, just because Nairo is happy to drag a load of people along when his team have let him down doesn’t mean that Roglic would. Think back to Nibali at the Giro when he didn’t chase down Carapaz because of the amount of competitors he’d be dragging with him.

Pronunciation sub-thread.

• Ass-tan-ah or Ass-tarnar?
  • Pog-ah-char or Po-gatcha?
  • Sean Kelly saying Rozzzlitch.

Also Carlton called him “James Opportunity-Knox” today.

I bid you good-day…wait, is that G?

1 Like

Hi meths. My wife is livid that they appear to have changed the pronunciation of Astana somewhere along the line.

Probably a PR thing I dunno?

Africa’s gate, and most stable country.

Sean Kelly just pronounced Roglic correctly for some reason. Bradley Wiggins sticking with Rollich.

Another boring day for the movistar team. Bring back team sky I say.

6/10

had a total brain meltdown and mixed up valverde and nibali on the last question

5/10 from me

https://twitter.com/rouleur/status/1172609653357854725

Of course it hasn’t. They’ve only got a 1 2 in the tour de france. Along with Paris Nice, Tour of the Alps, Tour de Suisse, Tour de Pologne, Vuelta Burgos and multiple stages of various other races. Shit year

1 Like

Come in Argentina and feel your nature.

Congrats to Roglic. Strong all round. Jumbo Visma are going to be insane next year. Pogacar looks the real deal with 3 stage wins, 3rd and the young jersey. Valverde finishes 2nd. Nice to see the bizarre Movistar tactics continue. It’s ok though, they’ve won the team classification

I’ve watched 3 highlights shows, but seems to have been easily the best GT this year. Attacking racing from the off, mad course, multiple breakaway victories. It’s had it all.

1 Like

Haven’t they won everything they tried to win, apart from the dauphine?