Pro cycling 2019: the thread

6/10

had a total brain meltdown and mixed up valverde and nibali on the last question

5/10 from me

Of course it hasn’t. They’ve only got a 1 2 in the tour de france. Along with Paris Nice, Tour of the Alps, Tour de Suisse, Tour de Pologne, Vuelta Burgos and multiple stages of various other races. Shit year

1 Like

Come in Argentina and feel your nature.

Congrats to Roglic. Strong all round. Jumbo Visma are going to be insane next year. Pogacar looks the real deal with 3 stage wins, 3rd and the young jersey. Valverde finishes 2nd. Nice to see the bizarre Movistar tactics continue. It’s ok though, they’ve won the team classification

I’ve watched 3 highlights shows, but seems to have been easily the best GT this year. Attacking racing from the off, mad course, multiple breakaway victories. It’s had it all.

1 Like

Haven’t they won everything they tried to win, apart from the dauphine?

I remember seeing the route and thinking ‘that final week is going to be dull as hell’. It’s been a great watch though - The crosswinds stage was probably the stage of the year!

I can’t decide what the best GT has been though… The Tour was awesome until the weather/Pinot’s handlebar ruined it with only a handful of days left.

EDIT: I was on holiday for most of it, but I’ve just realised I have absolutely no memory of any aspect of this year’s Giro. :thinking: Was it any good?? (Actually had to look up who the winner was.)

Giro was rubbish! I remember about 12 flat stages in a row to start, dumoulin crashed, then they cut short the queen stage due to weather.

angel lopez slapped a fan, that was the best bit.

1 Like

tour > vuelta >>> giro

3 Likes

So then “The Worlds” . Heading to Leeds/Harrogate on Friday morning hopefully in time to see the under 23’s and staying until its all over on Sunday. Anyone else going?

Who’s going to win the men’s road race?

yeah, i’m heading up, as are a few others, on friday. staying in bewerley and hope to catch various races out and about.

no idea who’s gonna win tbh.

1 Like

:wave:

1 Like

Just gonna get in first with a Vos and van der Poel shout.

Vos winning would be so, so good.

2 Likes

think you’re onto something with mvdp

:netherlands:

shall we begin a dutch corner in harrogate?

Hup, hup

1 Like

MVDP
Phil Gil
Sagz

Dennis
Roga
Campanaerts

Dennis not riding a team issue bike for the World Champs, do was probably, but back on a BMC

Van Vleuten for the women’s rr

PhilGil definitely. I’m guessing the team will be fairly focused around him and maybe Wellens will get a free role?

I’ve not heard much mention of Alaphilippe, maybe he went too deep in the Tour.

Is michael Matthews entering?

Think he’ll play a part in the race

@harru yes