Pro cycling 2019: the thread

6/10

had a total brain meltdown and mixed up valverde and nibali on the last question

5/10 from me

Of course it hasn’t. They’ve only got a 1 2 in the tour de france. Along with Paris Nice, Tour of the Alps, Tour de Suisse, Tour de Pologne, Vuelta Burgos and multiple stages of various other races. Shit year

1 Like

Come in Argentina and feel your nature.

Congrats to Roglic. Strong all round. Jumbo Visma are going to be insane next year. Pogacar looks the real deal with 3 stage wins, 3rd and the young jersey. Valverde finishes 2nd. Nice to see the bizarre Movistar tactics continue. It’s ok though, they’ve won the team classification

I’ve watched 3 highlights shows, but seems to have been easily the best GT this year. Attacking racing from the off, mad course, multiple breakaway victories. It’s had it all.

1 Like

Haven’t they won everything they tried to win, apart from the dauphine?

I remember seeing the route and thinking ‘that final week is going to be dull as hell’. It’s been a great watch though - The crosswinds stage was probably the stage of the year!

I can’t decide what the best GT has been though… The Tour was awesome until the weather/Pinot’s handlebar ruined it with only a handful of days left.

EDIT: I was on holiday for most of it, but I’ve just realised I have absolutely no memory of any aspect of this year’s Giro. :thinking: Was it any good?? (Actually had to look up who the winner was.)

Giro was rubbish! I remember about 12 flat stages in a row to start, dumoulin crashed, then they cut short the queen stage due to weather.

angel lopez slapped a fan, that was the best bit.

tour > vuelta >>> giro

1 Like