Pro Cycling 2023

Nice way to kick things off.

1 Like

Is Cavendish to Astana actually going to happen?

1 Like

I haven’t been following

What happened to Carrefour putting loads of money in and buying b&b hotels?

They and/or other sponsors pulled out and the men’s team has unravelled. Maybe they’ll put something together but all the riders have been told to find contacts elsewhere if they can.

There was chat of Cav to Israel, which seems in keeping with their recruiting style, but he was seen at the Astana December training camp and riding a Wilier, yet didn’t appear in any official photos. It might’ve just been him wanting to test a different bike (he’s been Specialized for years, right?) before deciding.

You’d think he’s not expecting too much money from teams because he brings his own sponsors, and he doesn’t need a massive leadout. I would’ve thought it’d be an easy signing for those teams who aren’t guaranteed a spot at the Tour because he’s going to be one of the biggest stories in the English-speaking press at least.

T-Mobile - Giant
Highroad/HTC-Highroad - Scott
Sky - Pinnarelo
Omega-Pharma Quickstep - Specialized
Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka - Cervelo (2016-2018), BMC (2019)
Bahrain-McLaren - Merida
Deceuninck-Quick-Step - Specialized

Fuck, get a life you prick rich. Jesus

5 Likes

According to Daniel Friebe, sources ‘very close’ to Cav say it’s Astana. They’re just ironing out a few last issues relating to sponsor clashes.

Ah, I think I conflated his pickiness over bike setup with Sagan’s bike loyalty/deal

Think Specialized are a personal sponsor of Sagan’s and so they’ll be a bike supplier wherever he ends up

Doesn’t mvdp have the same with Canyon?

:sob:

Aw no! :cry:

2019 TdF, what could have been. Really convinced he could have won it had he not crashed, looked in fantastic form.

1 Like

Looking forward to the Astana rap this year

Really sad about Thibaut but I reckon he’ll be happier with his goats.

Reckon Astana will be good for Cav (even though they’re a bit evil)

1 Like

Are there any non-evil teams now tho?

Yeah a few

Says he’ll do another season if he wins the French champs this year.

Not sure what the course is like but :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

EF and maybe all the Belgian mastic and hot dog sauce sponsored teams? Some French?

1 Like

How long till Omloop?

1 Like