Pro Cycling Thread 2018 - The Classics are here

very crashy

exciting

1 Like

Good race. Cyril Gautier is still a thing apparently

Nice win for Laporte, Damien Gaudin didn’t quite have it. Enjoyed that a lot.

1 Like

Amstel Gold Race then.

Thought the change to the final 20kms really worked. The riders couldn’t sit tight and wait for the final ascent of the Cauberg, which with Valverde winning on the Mur de Huy, typifies Ardennes week. The narrow roads also kept the groups small.

Obviously a lot of this came down to the riders, and that was an aggressive final 40kms or so. Attack after attack. Thought Astana played their cards perfectly, and fair play to Fuglsang, ride of the day and set up that attack from Valgren perfectly. Definitely a better race than RvV this year, and that’s something I didn’t ever think I’d say.

https://twitter.com/Francebleubzh/status/985575206524682240

3 Likes

Anyone?

La Fleche Wallonne today. Can Dan Martin beat his record ascent time of the Mur Dr Huy, from 120th in the bunch to finish 2nd? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

Is this on Eurosport? Got the Player open, but can’t see it listed in the schedule.

It’s a shit race, but it’s better to look at than my work.

Yeah, it should be. But I’m not finding it either

Cheers. I’ve seen mention of an 11:25 broadcast time, so will jump back on then and see if anything has popped up.

Reckon it’ll be one of those comms less broadcasts they have on the app

:smiley:

1 Like

On a left hand bend of the A1035 on the run into Beverley I heard

1 Like

I’m not being stupid, am I? Still can’t see Fleche on Eurosport Player. Eurosport website says it can be watched live, but the big red button just takes me to the subscribe screen whether I’m logged in already or not…

Just found it - They’ve not updated the title from the Tour of Croatia coverage.

Flesh Balloon

1 Like

Break has a minute with 16km to go! Could be a more interesting finish than I (or everyone) was expecting!

What the fuck is Alaphilippe doing??? Does he not know he can’t win the Valverde classic

Was it? It’s essentially the world hill sprint champs, which makes the previous 196km pointless. Such a shit finish